The Community Development Department is responsible for the physical development of the City. The core service areas of the department include: housing and neighborhood development, planning, engineering, building and safety inspections, and business licensing.
Electronic Building Permit Submissions
We are now accepting electronic submissions of building permit applications and plans for residential construction, residential solar, and sign permits.
Community Development News
Meetings and Events
Zoning Code RENOvation Open House - Zoning Districts and Uses
- Date: 09/30/2019 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
- Location: Neil Road Recreation Center
3925 Neil Rd.
Reno, Nevada 89502
- Introduction: Join us to give feedback on the draft code for Reno zoning districts and uses.
The City of Reno is updating its land development code. The update considers targeted changes to zoning regulations and development standards. Public input is an important part of this project, and we invite you to get involved! Please join us for the Zoning Code RENOVation open house on Monday, Sept. 30. The meeting will start at 6 p.m. in the gym at the Neil Road Recreation Center.
RSVP here! An RSVP is not required to attend any of these meetings, but it does help us plan the events. Please RSVP so we know you are coming!
- The proposed set of zoning districts;
- The land uses allowed in those zoning districts; and
- The standards that apply to certain land uses.
You can find more information about the project at Reno.Gov/Zoning.