Ward 4 Neighborhood Advisory Board
Special Meeting Location
- Date: 06/20/2019 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM
- Location: Reno-Stead Airport
4895 Texas Avenue
Reno, Nevada 89506
Reno City Hall – One East First Street;
Washoe County Reno Downtown Library – 301 South Center Street;
Evelyn Mount Northeast Community Center – 1301 Valley Road;
McKinley Arts and Culture Center – 925 Riverside Drive;
Reno Municipal Court – One South Sierra Street;
Washoe County Administration Building – 1001 East Ninth Street;
Reno-Sparks Convention and Visitors Authority – 4001 South Virginia Street, Suite G; and
North Valleys Library - 1075 N. Hills Blvd. NRS 241.020(2)(c).
In addition, this agenda has been electronically posted in compliance with NRS 241.020(3) at www.reno.gov, and NRS 232.2175 at https://notice.nv.gov/. To obtain further documentation regarding posting, please contact Cynthia Esparza at 775-677-6881.
Accommodations: Reasonable efforts will be made to assist and accommodate physically disabled persons attending the meeting. Please contact Cynthia Esparza-Trigueros at 775-677-6881 in advance so that arrangements can be made.
Supporting Materials: Staff reports and supporting material for the meeting are available at the City Clerk’s Office, located at 1 East First Street, Second Floor, 775-334-2030 and on the City’s website at https://www.reno.gov/community/your-neighborhood/ward-4. Pursuant to NRS 241.020(6), supporting material is made available to the general public at the same time it is provided to the public body.
Order of Business: The presiding officer shall determine the order of the agenda and all questions of parliamentary procedure at the meeting. Items on the agenda may be taken out of order. The public body may combine two or more agenda items for consideration; remove an item from the agenda; or delay discussion relating to an item on the agenda at any time. See, NRS 241.020(2)(c)(6). Items scheduled to be heard at a specific time will be heard no earlier than the stated time, but may be heard later.
Public Comment: A person wishing to address the public body shall submit a “Request to Speak” form to the presiding officer. Public comment, whether on items listed on the agenda or general public comment, is limited to three (3) minutes per person. Unused time may not be reserved by the speaker, nor allocated to another speaker. No action may be taken on a matter raised under general public comment until the matter is included on an agenda as an item on which action may be taken.
The presiding officer may prohibit comment if the content of the comments is a topic that is not relevant to, or within the authority of, the public body, or if the content is willfully disruptive of the meeting by being irrelevant, repetitious, slanderous, offensive, inflammatory, irrational or amounting to personal attacks or interfering with the rights of other speakers. Any person making willfully disruptive remarks while addressing the public body or while attending the meeting may be removed from the room by the presiding officer, and the person may be barred from further audience before the public body during that session. See, Nevada Attorney General Opinion No. 00-047 (April 27, 2001); Nevada Open Meeting Law Manual, § 8.05.
In addition, any person willfully disrupting the meeting may be removed from the room by the presiding officer. See, NRS 241.030(4)(a). Examples of disruptive conduct include, without limitation, yelling, stamping of feet, whistles, applause, heckling, name calling, use of profanity, personal attacks, physical intimidation, threatening use of physical force, assault, battery, or any other acts intended to impede the meeting or infringe on the rights of the public body or meeting participants.
1. Call to Order - Roll Call
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Public Comment - Limited to no more than three (3) minutes and is for either public comment on any action item or for any general public comment. The public may comment on agenda items by submitting a Request to Speak form to the chairperson. Comments are to be addressed to the board as a whole and not directed to or at individuals, presenters, or staff members.
4. Approval of Agenda - For Possible Action
A. June 20, 2019
5. Approval of Minutes - For Possible Action
A. May 19, 2019
6. City of Reno Announcements
7. Councilmember Bonnie Weber Updates
8. Development Projects - Following presentations by the project’s developer or representative and City of Reno planner, NAB members and the public will have the opportunity to ask questions about the project and provide feedback. The NAB will not take any action on development projects. NAB members and the public are encouraged to fill out the development project review form with their input. All development project review forms submitted to the community liaison at the NAB meeting or via the online form (goo.gl/wXYHjf) will be submitted to the Reno Planning Commission for consideration in the development review process. All forms must be submitted two weeks in advance of the Planning Commission meeting for input to be included in Planning Commission materials.
A. LDC19-00064 (Sierra Pallet Outdoor Processing and Condition Amendment) - A request has been made for: 1) a special use permit to allow outdoor processing of wood waste using an air curtain burner; and 2) an amendment to the conditions of approval associated with LDC16-00031 (Sierra Pallet – 400 Western Road) to allow for an increase of fence height from six to eight feet tall. The ±5.0 acre site (400 Western Road) is located on the southwest corner of the intersection of Western Road and Link Lane within 300 feet of residentially zoned property. The subject site is located within the Industrial Commercial (IC) zoning district and has a Master Plan land use designation of Industrial (I). (Approximately10 Minutes)
Planner: Heather Manzo, Associate Planner, (775) 334-2668
Applicant Representative: Matt Rasmussen, Tectonics Design Group, (775) 824-9988
Planning Commission Hearing Date: July 3, 2019
9. Updates and Presentations
A. Update from the Reno-Stead Airport, Mike Scott, Reno-Stead Airport Manager (Approximately 5 Minutes)
B. Monthly update from the Washoe County School District - Trustee Andrew Caudill, District C (Approximately 5 Minutes)
NDOT Presentations - 6:15 p.m. (Items scheduled to be heard at a specific time will be heard no earlier than the stated time, but may be heard later.)
C. NDOT Spaghetti Bowl Project update - Dale Keller, NDOT Assistant Chief of Project Management, Nevada Department of Transportation (Approximately 20 Minutes)
D. NDOT US 395 North Valleys Improvement Project, Nevada Department of Transportation (NDOT) - Pedro Rodriguez, P.E., Project Manager, Nevada Department of Transportation (Approximately 20 Minutes)
10. Board Discussion and Action Items – For Possible Action
A. None at time of posting
11. Old Business
Update on Art Belongs Here program - Renee Kelly, NAB Member, and Patrick Shea, NAB Member
(Approximately 5 Minutes)
12. Identification of future agenda items – For Possible Action
13. Confirmation of next NAB Chairperson – For Possible Action
14. Public Comment - Limited to no more than three (3) minutes and is for either public comment on any action item or for any general public comment. The public may comment on agenda items by submitting a Request to Speak form to the chairperson. Comments are to be addressed to the board as a whole and not directed to or at individuals, presenters, or staff members.
15. Adjournment - For Possible Action
4. A. June 20, 2019 Agenda