Ward 3 Neighborhood Advisory Board
- Date: 05/07/2019 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM
1. Call to Order - Roll Call
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Public Comment - Limited to no more than three (3) minutes and is for either public comment on any action item or for any general public comment. The public may comment on agenda items by submitting a Request to Speak form to the chairperson. Comments are to be addressed to the board as a whole and not directed to or at individuals, presenters, or staff members.
4. Approval of Agenda - For Possible Action
A. May 7, 2019
5. Approval of Minutes - For Possible Action
A. March 5, 2019
6. City of Reno Announcements
7. Presentations and Updates
A. Updates on the Spaghetti Bowl Project from the Nevada Department of Transportation (NDOT) - Craig Reynoldson, NDOT Right-of-Way, Dale Keller, NDOT Senior Project Manager, and Alex Hoeft, Spaghetti Bowl Project Public Outreach Specialist (Approximately 15 Minutes)
B. Update on City of Reno's participation in UAS (Unmanned Aircraft Systems), also known as drones, testing programs. Presentation will include information on Nevada Institute for Autonomous Systems (NIAS) and National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) testing schedule for May and June, 2019 - Rebecca Venis, Neighborhood Services Director (Approximately 15 Minutes)
C. Update and discussion on Zoning Code RENOvation, the comprehensive update to Title 18, and ways to be involved in the process - Arlo Stockham, Community Development Director, and Nathan Gilbert, Associate Planner (Approximately 15 Minutes)
8. Development Projects - Following presentations by a City of Reno planner and/or the project’s developer or representative, NAB members and the public will have the opportunity to ask questions about the project and provide feedback. The NAB will not take any action on development projects. NAB members and the public are encouraged to fill out the development project review form with their input. All development project review forms submitted to the community liaison at the NAB meeting or via the online form (https://goo.gl/wXYHjf) will be submitted to the Reno Planning Commission for consideration in the development review process. All forms must be submitted two weeks in advance of the Planning Commission meeting for input to be included in Planning Commission materials.
A. LDC19-00054 (Bella Vista Ranch Phase II PUD Amendment) – A request has been made for an amendment to the Bella Vista Ranch Phase II Planned Unit Development handbook to: convert ±16.4 acres from commercial only use to residential with a maximum density of 20 dwelling units per acre; convert ± five acres from residential to commercial only use: and to reduce the density of the existing residential use from a maximum of 30 dwelling units per acre to a maximum of 20 dwelling units per acre. The overall request would allow for an increase in dwelling units from 575 to 612. The site is located within Bella Vista Ranch Phase II PUD zoning district and has a Master Plan land use designation of Special Planning Area (SPA). The ±77.37 acre property is located southeast of the eastern terminus of South Meadows Parkway, north of the northern terminus of Rio Wrangler Parkway and east of Steamboat Creek. (Approximately 15 Minutes)
Planner: Brook Oswald, Associate Planner; (775) 326-663; email@example.com
Applicant’s Representative: Randy Walters, Places Consulting, (775) 355-7721
Planning Commission Hearing Date: May 15, 2019 or June 6, 2019
9. Development Project Updates - The following items are to provide an update on action taken by the Planning Commission and/or City Council on development projects previously heard by the Ward 3 NAB. NAB and public comments were submitted via the development project review form to the Reno Planning Commission. To review past Planning Commission meeting discussions on projects listed below, please visit goo.gl/lL7i7S. (Approximately 5 minutes)
A. LDC19-00036 (South Meadows West Master Plan Amendment) - A request has been made for a Master Plan amendment from ±530.7 acres of Unincorporated Transition (UT) and ±30.8 acres of Large Lot Neighborhood (LL) to ±164.1 acres of Suburban Mixed-Use (SMU), ±28.8 acres of Mixed Neighborhood (MX), ±236.4 acres of Single Family Neighborhood (SFN), and ±132.2 acres of Parks, Greenways and Open Space (PGOS). The ±561.5 acre site is located to the northeast of the intersection of South Meadow Parkway and Veterans Parkway and extends to Bella Vista Ranch Road to the north and the Huffaker Hills Open Space to the west.
B. DC18-00037 (Rio Wrangler North II Master Plan and Zoning Map Amendments) - A request has been made for: 1) a Master Plan amendment from ±26.3 acres of Unincorporated Transition (UT) to Single Family Neighborhood (SFN); and 2) a zoning map amendment ±26.3 acres of Unincorporated Transition - 40 acres (UT40) to Single Family Residential – 6,000 square feet (SF6). The site is located on the west side of Desert Way, ±450 feet east of the eastern terminus of South Meadows Parkway.
C. LDC19-00039 (Willow Street Townhomes) – A request has been made for a tentative map to allow for the development of a subdivision that consists of five single-family attached townhomes. The ±0.14 acre site is located on the north side of Willow Street, ±220 feet west of its intersection with Locust Street within the Mixed Use/Medical Regional Center (MU/MRC) zone. The site has a Master Plan land use designation of Urban Mixed-Use.
D. LDC19-00043 (Butler Ranch Tentative Map and Special Use Permit) - A request has been made for: 1) a tentative map consisting of nine village and two park parcels; and 2) a special use permit to allow for cuts deeper than 20 feet in height and fills greater than ten feet in height to accommodate grading and master infrastructure within the Butler Ranch Planned Unit Development. The ±241.7 acre site is generally located west of Veterans Parkway, ±750 feet south of Mira Loma Drive, east of Hombre Way, and north of Bella Vista Ranch Road. The site is zoned Planned Unit Development/Butler Ranch and has Master Plan land use designations of Single Family Neighborhood, Mixed Neighborhood and Parks, Greenways and Open Space.
E. LDC19-00044 (The Z Bar) - A request has been made for a special use permit to establish a night club use. The ±0.12 acre site is generally located ±75 feet southwest of the intersection of Wonder Street and Holcomb Avenue. The site is zoned Mixed Use/South Virginia Street Transit Corridor/Commercial (MU/SVTC/MC) and has a Master Plan land use designation of Urban Mixed-Use (UMU).
F. LDC19-00052 (Lily’s Banquet Hall) - A request has been made for a special use permit to: a) establish a night club use; and b) allow the use to operate between the hours of 11:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. The ±3000 square foot space is located within an existing ±4.16 acre shopping center (Town and Country Plaza) generally located on the northeast corner of the intersection of Kietzke Lane and Vassar Street. The site is zoned Arterial Commercial (AC) and has a Master Plan land use designation of Suburban Mixed-Use (SMU).
10. Board Discussion and Action Items – For Possible Action
A. NAB discussion and possible selection of goals for 2019 (Approximately 20 Minutes)
11. Old Business
A. None at time of posting
12. Identification of Items to be Placed on a Future Agenda of the Ward 3 Neighborhood Advisory Board for Discussion and/or Potential Action - For Possible Action
13. Public Comment - Limited to no more than three (3) minutes and is for either public comment on any action item or for any general public comment. The public may comment on agenda items by submitting a Request to Speak form to the chairperson. Comments are to be addressed to the board as a whole and not directed to or at individuals, presenters, or staff members.
14. Adjournment - For Possible Action