Ward 4 Neighborhood Advisory Board
- Date: 04/18/2019 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM
- Location: North Valleys Library
1075 N. Hills Blvd
Reno,, Nevada 89506
1. Call to Order - Roll Call
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Public Comment - Limited to no more than three (3) minutes and is for either public comment on any action item or for any general public comment. The public may comment on agenda items by submitting a Request to Speak form to the chairperson. Comments are to be addressed to the board as a whole and not directed to or at individuals, presenters, or staff members.
4. Approval of Agenda - For Possible Action
April 18, 2019
5. Approval of Minutes - For Possible Action
March 21, 2019
6. City of Reno Announcements
7. Councilmember Bonnie Weber Updates
8. Presentations and Updates
Quarterly Ward 4 update from the Reno Police Department - Reno Police Department (Approximately 10 Minutes)
Update from the Sierra Nevada Job Corps Center - Mark Huntley, Business and Community Liaison, Sierra Nevada Job Corps Center (Approximately 5 Minutes)
Update on Reno Resilience, the city's Sustainability and Climate Program, including an overview of the 2017 Sustainability Report and the city's 3-STAR Community certification earned through data-driven sustainability achievements - Lynne Barker, Sustainability Manager, City of Reno (Approximately 10 Minutes)
9. Development Projects - Following presentations by the project’s developer or representative and City of Reno planner, NAB members and the public will have the opportunity to ask questions about the project and provide feedback. The NAB will not take any action on development projects. NAB members and the public are encouraged to fill out the development project review form with their input. All development project review forms submitted to the community liaison at the NAB meeting or via the online form (goo.gl/wXYHjf) will be submitted to the Reno Planning Commission for consideration in the development review process. All forms must be submitted two weeks in advance of the Planning Commission meeting for input to be included in Planning Commission materials.
LDC19-00045 (Winners Corner at Golden Valley) - A request has been made for a special use permit to establish a convenience store in an existing retail center. The ±1.66 acre site is located north of North Hills Boulevard and east of East Golden Valley Road. The site is located within the Neighborhood Commercial (NC) zoning district and has a Master Plan land use designation of Suburban Mixed-Use (SMU). (Approximately 15 Minutes)
Planner: AnnMarie Lain, Assistant Planner, (775) 334-2309, email@example.com
Applicant Representative: Dennis Frame, (775) 827-9977, firstname.lastname@example.org
Planning Commission Hearing Date: May 1, 2019
2. LLDC19-00047 (CFH Holdings Zoning Map Amendment) - A request has been made for a zoning map amendment from Single Family Residential - 15,000 Square Feet (SF15) to Single Family Residential - 9,000 Square Feet (SF9) on a ±13.81 acre site. The subject site is located on the north side of Rockchuck Road, ±400 feet to the west of its intersection with Chisholm Trail. The site has a Master Plan land use designation of Single-Family Neighborhood (SF). (Approximately 15 Minutes)
Planner: Heather Manzo, Associate Planner, (775) 334-2668
Applicant Representative: Savannah Russell, Summit Engineering Corp., (775) 787-4312
City Council Hearing Date: May 1, 2019
10. Development Project Updates - The following items provide an update on action taken by the Planning Commission and/or City Council on development projects previously heard by the Ward 4 NAB. NAB and public comments were submitted via the development project review form to the Reno Planning Commission. To view past Planning Commission meetings. (Approximately 5 minutes)
LDC19-00040 (Mountain View Estates – Unit 4) – A request has been made for a 1) tentative map to develop a 69 lot single family residential subdivision; and 2) special use permit for a) single family attached townhouse development; and b) cuts 20 feet or greater in depth and/or fills of ten feet or greater in height. The ±20.10 acre site consists of one parcel located west of the western terminus of Shailyn Drive and north of Sienna Park Drive. The site is located within the Single Family Residential - 4,000 Square Feet (SF4) zoning district and has a Master Plan land use designation of Mixed Neighborhood (MX).
LDC19-00041 (Project Progress Condition Amendment) – A request has been made to amend the special use permit Conditions of Approval associated with LDC18-00056 (Project Progress) to eliminate Condition No. 22 which requires partial widening of North Virginia Street along the project frontage. The ±32.99 acre site is located on the south side of North Virginia Street, ±900 feet east of it intersection with Stead Boulevard. The site is located within the Industrial (I) zoning district and has a Master Plan land use designation of Industrial (I).
11. Board Discussion and Action Items – For Possible Action
NAB discussion and possible selection of 2019 Silver Lake Park cleanups, as required as part of the Keep Truckee Meadows Beautiful Adopt-a-Spot program - For Possible Action (Approximately 10 Minutes)
12. Old Business
Update on Art Belongs Here program - Renee Kelly, NAB Member, and Patrick Shea, NAB Member (Approximately 5 Minutes)
Update on Parr Blvd. traffic concern - Patrick Shea, NAB Member (Approximately 5 Minutes)
13. Identification of future agenda items – For Possible Action
14. Confirmation of next NAB Chairperson – For Possible Action
15. Public Comment - Limited to no more than three (3) minutes and is for either public comment on any action item or for any general public comment. The public may comment on agenda items by submitting a Request to Speak form to the chairperson. Comments are to be addressed to the board as a whole and not directed to or at individuals, presenters, or staff members.
16. Adjournment - For Possible Action