Ward 4 Neighborhood Advisory Board
- Date: 03/21/2019 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM
- Location: North Valleys Library
1075 N Hills Blvd
Reno, Nevada 89506
1. Call to Order - Roll Call
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Public Comment - Limited to no more than three (3) minutes and is for either public comment on any action item or for any general public comment. The public may comment on agenda items by submitting a Request to Speak form to the chairperson. Comments are to be addressed to the board as a whole and not directed to or at individuals, presenters, or staff members.
4. Approval of Agenda - For Possible Action
March 21, 2019
5. Approval of Minutes - For Possible Action
June 21, 2018
July 24, 2018
August 16, 2018
January 17 , 2019
6. City of Reno Announcements
7. Councilmember Bonnie Weber Updates
8. Presentations and Updates
Presentation from the Sierra Nevada Job Corps Center - Mark Huntley, Business and Community Liaison, Sierra Nevada Job Corps Center (Approximately 5 Minutes)
Presentation on the City's new Neighborhood Public Art Grants, called Art Belongs Here, and recommendation of one the following Ward 4 NAB members listed in alphabetical order Corey Bond, Andrew Caudill, Bryan Harvey, Thomas Hill, Renee Kelly, Patrick Shea, and Irene Tudor to serve on the Art Belongs Here Public Art Grant Committee - Arts, Culture, and Special Events Office, City of Reno - For Possible Action (Approximately 10 Minutes)
9. Development Projects - Following presentations by the project’s developer or representative and City of Reno planner, NAB members and the public will have the opportunity to ask questions about the project and provide feedback. The NAB will not take any action on development projects. NAB members and the public are encouraged to fill out the development project review form with their input. All development project review forms submitted to the community liaison at the NAB meeting or via the online form (goo.gl/wXYHjf) will be submitted to the Reno Planning Commission for consideration in the development review process. All forms must be submitted two weeks in advance of the Planning Commission meeting for input to be included in Planning Commission materials.
LDC19-00040 (Mountain View Estates – Unit 4) – A request has been made for a 1) tentative map to develop a 69 lot single family residential subdivision; and 2) special use permit for a) single family attached townhouse development; and b) cuts 20 feet or greater in depth and/or fills of ten feet or greater in height. The ±20.10 acre site consists of one parcel located west of the western terminus of Shailyn Drive and north of Sienna Park Drive. The site is located within the Single Family Residential - 4,000 Square Feet (SF4) zoning district and has a Master Plan land use designation of Mixed Neighborhood (MX). (Approximately 15 Minutes)
Planner: AnnMarie Lain, Assistant Planner, (775) 334-2309, email@example.com
Applicant Representative: John Krmpotic, KLS Planning, (775) 852-7606
Planning Commission Hearing Date: April 3, 2019
2. LDC19-00041 (Project Progress Condition Amendment) – A request has been made to amend the special use permit Conditions of Approval associated with LDC18-00056 (Project Progress) to eliminate Condition No. 22 which requires partial widening of North Virginia Street along the project frontage. The ±32.99 acre site is located on the south side of North Virginia Street, ±900 feet east of it intersection with Stead Boulevard. The site is located within the Industrial (I) zoning district and has a Master Plan land use designation of Industrial (I). (Approximately 15 Minutes)
Planner: Heather Manzo, Associate Planner, (775) 334-2668
Applicant Representative: Mike Railey, AICP, Rubicon Design Group, (775) 425-4800
City Council Hearing Date: March 27, 2019
3. Master Plan Amendment Case Number WMPA19-0001 (Buck Drive) – A request has been made to approve a Master Plan Amendment from the “Medium Density Suburban/Suburban Residential” (MDSSR) to the “Commercial” master plan designation on one parcel of land, totaling approximately 1.003 acres. The subject parcel is located within the Reno-Stead Corridor Joint Plan. (Approximately 15 Minutes)
Lumos & Associates, Attn: Angela Fuss
Property Owner: Alan and Debra Squalia
Location: 330 Lemmon Drive
Assessor’s Parcel Number: 552-190-03 Parcel Size: 1.003 Acres
Existing Master Plan Category: Medium Density Suburban/Suburban Residential
Proposed Master Plan Category: Commercial
Existing Regulatory Zone: Medium Density Suburban
Proposed Regulatory Zone: General Commercial
Area Plan: North Valleys
Development Code: Authorized in Article 820, Amendment of Master Plan and Article 821,
Amendment of Regulatory Zone
Staff: Chris Bronczyk, Planner, Washoe County Community Services Department Planning and Building Division, 775-328-3612 firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Development Project Updates - The following items provide an update on action taken by the Planning Commission and/or City Council on development projects previously heard by the Ward 4 NAB. NAB and public comments were submitted via the development project review form to the Reno Planning Commission. To view past Planning Commission meetings. (Approximately 5 minutes)
LDC19-00003 (Quick Quack Car Wash) - A request has been made for special use permits to allow for: 1) the construction of a ±3,597 square foot car wash facility on a site that is located adjacent to residentially zoned property; and 2) cuts in excess of 20 feet in depth and fills in excess of 10 feet in height. The subject site consists of a ±4.6 acre parcel, and a ±10,850 square foot portion of an additional ±4.6 acre parcel. The subject site is located on the south side of Sky Vista Parkway, ±1,450 west of the intersection of Sky Vista Parkway and Lemmon Drive within the Arteria Commercial (AC) zone. The site has a Master Plan land use designation of Special Planning Area/Reno-Stead Corridor Joint Plan/General Commercial.2.
LDC19-00029 (Stead/North Virginia Zone Change) – A request has been made for a zoning map amendment from Mixed Use/North Virginia Street Transit Corridor (MU/NVTC) to Industrial (I). The ±5.95 acre site consists of four parcels generally located on the northeast corner of the North Virginia Street/Stead Boulevard intersection. The site has Master Plan land use designation of Industrial (I).
LDC19-00030 (North Virginia Street Industrial Flex Space) – A request has been made for special use permits to allow for: 1) grading with fills in excess of ten feet in height; and 2) disturbance of a major drainageway to accommodate a ±91,800 square foot industrial flex space development. The ±8.32 acre site is located on the south side of North Virginia Street, approximately 420 feet east of its intersection with Stead Boulevard. The site is located within the Industrial Commercial (IC) zoning district and has a Master Plan Land Use designation of Industrial (I).
LDC19-00034 (Military Road – Makita) – A request has been made for a special use permit to allow for: 1) the construction of two buildings totaling ±818,237 square feet in size on a site that is adjacent to residentially zoned property; and 2) cuts in excess of 20 feet in depth and fills in excess of ten feet in height. The ±46.58 acre site is comprised of two parcels located on the east side of Military Road and Mount Limbo Street ±1,350 feet to the north of the intersection of Military Road and Lear Boulevard. The site is located within the Industrial Commercial (IC) zoning district and has a Master Plan land use designation of Industrial (I).
11. Board Discussion and Action Items – For Possible Action
None at time of posting.
12. Old Business
None at time of posting.
13. Identification of future agenda items – For Possible Action
14. Confirmation of next NAB Chairperson – For Possible Action
15. Public Comment - Limited to no more than three (3) minutes and is for either public comment on any action item or for any general public comment. The public may comment on agenda items by submitting a Request to Speak form to the chairperson. Comments are to be addressed to the board as a whole and not directed to or at individuals, presenters, or staff members.
16. Adjournment - For Possible Action