Ward 5 Neighborhood Advisory Board
- Date: 06/11/2019 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM
- Location: Reno City Hall
1 E. First Street
Reno, Nevada 89501
Public Notice: This agenda has been physically posted in compliance with NRS 241.020(3)(notice of meetings) at:
Reno City Hall – One East First Street;
Washoe County Reno Downtown Library – 301 South Center Street;
Evelyn Mount Northeast Community Center – 1301 Valley Road;
McKinley Arts and Culture Center – 925 Riverside Drive;
Reno Municipal Court – One South Sierra Street;
Washoe County Administration Building – 1001 East 9th Street; and
Reno-Sparks Convention and Visitors Authority – 4001 South Virginia Street, Suite G. NRS 241.020(2)(c).
In addition, this agenda has been electronically posted in compliance with NRS 241.020(3) at http://www.reno.gov, and NRS 232.2175 at https://notice.nv.gov/. To obtain further documentation regarding posting, please contact Tess Opferman at 775-334-2255.
Accommodations: Reasonable efforts will be made to assist and accommodate physically disabled persons attending the meeting. Please contact Tess Opferman at 775-334-2255 in advance so that arrangements can be made.
Supporting Materials: Staff reports and supporting material for the meeting are available at the City Clerk’s Office, located at One East First Street, Second Floor, (775) 334-2030, and on the City’s website at www.reno.gov/community/your-neighborhood/ward-5. Pursuant to NRS 241.020(6), supporting material is made available to the general public at the same time it is provided to the public body.
Order of Business: The presiding officer shall determine the order of the agenda and all questions of parliamentary procedure at the meeting. Items on the agenda may be taken out of order. The public body may combine two or more agenda items for consideration; remove an item from the agenda; or delay discussion relating to an item on the agenda at any time. See, NRS 241.020(2)(c)(6). Items scheduled to be heard at a specific time will be heard no earlier than the stated time, but may be heard later.
Public Comment: A person wishing to address the public body shall submit a “Request to Speak” form to the presiding officer. Public comment, whether on items listed on the agenda or general public comment, is limited to three (3) minutes per person. Unused time may not be reserved by the speaker nor allocated to another speaker. No action may be taken on a matter raised under general public comment until the matter is included on an agenda as an item on which action may be taken.
The presiding officer may prohibit comment if the content of the comments is a topic that is not relevant to, or within the authority of, the public body, or if the content is willfully disruptive of the meeting by being irrelevant, repetitious, slanderous, offensive, inflammatory, irrational or amounting to personal attacks or interfering with the rights of other speakers. Any person making willfully disruptive remarks while addressing the public body or while attending the meeting may be removed from the room by the presiding officer, and the person may be barred from further audience before the public body during that session. See, Nevada Attorney General Opinion No. 00-047 (April 27, 2001); Nevada Open Meeting Law Manual, § 8.05.
In addition, any person willfully disrupting the meeting may be removed from the room by the presiding officer. See, NRS 241.030(4)(a). Examples of disruptive conduct include, without limitation, yelling, stamping of feet, whistles, applause, heckling, name calling, use of profanity, personal attacks, physical intimidation, threatening use of physical force, assault, battery, or any other acts intended to impede the meeting or infringe on the rights of the public body or meeting participants.
1. Call to Order - Roll Call
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Public Comment - Limited to no more than three (3) minutes and is for either public comment on any action item or for any general public comment. The public may comment on agenda items by submitting a Request to Speak form to the chairperson. Comments are to be addressed to the board as a whole and not directed to or at individuals, presenters, or staff members.
4. Approval of Agenda - For Possible Action
A. June 11, 2019
5. Approval of Minutes - For Possible Action
A. May 14, 2019
7. Update and Discussion from Councilmember Neoma Jardon
8. Presentations and Updates
Update and presentation on homelessness and affordable housing efforts in the City of Reno - Elaine Wiseman, Manager of Housing and Neighborhood Development
9. Development Projects - Following presentations by a City of Reno planner and/or the project’s developer or representative, NAB members and the public will have the opportunity to ask questions about the project and provide feedback. The NAB will not take any action on development projects. NAB members and the public are encouraged to fill out the development project review form with their input. All development project review forms submitted to the community liaison at the NAB meeting or via the online form (https://goo.gl/wXYHjf) will be submitted to the Reno Planning Commission for consideration in the development review process. All forms must be submitted two weeks in advance of the Planning Commission meeting for input to be included in Planning Commission materials.
A. LDC19-00066 (Summerset Reno Assisted Living and Memory Care) - A request has been made for a special use permit to allow for: 1) the establishment of nursing home/assisted living facility in the Multi-family - 21 dwelling units per acre (MF21) zoning district; and 2) grading with fills in excess of ten feet in height. The ±6.66 acre site is located at the eastern terminus of Sharlands Avenue and north of Interstate 80 within the MF21/McQueen Neighborhood Planning Overlay zoning district. The site has a Master Plan land use designation of Multifamily Neighborhood (MF).
PLANNER: Sienna Reid, AICP, Senior Planner; 775-334-4267; firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICANTS’S REPRESENTATIVE: Mike Railey, Rubicon Design Group; (775) 425-4800
PLANNING COMMISSION HEARING DATE: July 3, 2019
B. LDC19-00067 (Villas II at Keystone Canyon) - A request has been made for: 1) a tentative map to develop a subdivision that consists of 115 single family attached townhomes and 47 garage space parcels; and 2) a special use permit to allow for: a) grading that results in cuts greater than 20 feet in depth and fills greater than ten feet in height; and b) hillside development. The ±10.9 acre site is located on the north side of Leadership Parkway, ±150 feet northwest of its intersection with Victory Lane. The site is located within the Keystone Canyon Planned Unit Development (PUD) zone and has a Master Plan land use designation of Special Planning Area (SPA).
PLANNER: Heather Manzo, Associate Planner; (775) 334-2668; email@example.com
APPLICANT’S REPRESENTATIVE: Karen Downs, Manhard Consulting; (775) 321-6538
APN: 082-631-17 and a portion of 082-631-19
PLANNING COMMISSION HEARING DATE: July 3, 2019
C. ABN19-00008 (6th Street Abandonment) - A request has been made to abandon a portion of right of way (ROW) near the west side of the intersection of Vine Street and 6th Street. The ±5,466 square foot abandonment area is generally located to the west of an existing island at the intersection of Vine Street and 6th Street that provides pedestrian access over Interstate 80. The ROW is adjacent to parcels zoned Mixed Use/Downtown Reno Regional Center/Keystone Avenue District (MU/DRRC/KEY) which have a Master Plan land use designation of Downtown Mixed-Use (DMU).
PLANNER: Brook Oswald, Associate Planner; (775) 326-6635; firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICANT’S REPRESENTATIVE: Stacey Huggins, Wood Rodgers Inc.; (775) 823-5258
CITY COUNCIL HEARING DATE: June 12, 2019
10. Development Project Updates - The following items are to provide an update on action taken by the Planning Commission and/or City Council on development projects previously heard by the Ward 5 NAB. NAB and public comments were submitted via the development project review form to the Reno Planning Commission. To review past Planning Commission meeting discussions on projects listed below, please visit goo.gl/lL7i7S. (Approximately 5 Minutes)
A. LDC19-000057 (1703 North Virginia Street)
B. ABN19-00007 (437 and 455 North Arlington Easement Abandonment)
C. LDC18-00065 (Reno Gateway Business Park)
11. Board Discussion and Action Items – For Possible Action
A. None at time of posting
12. Old Business
A. None at time of posting
13. Identification of Items to be Placed on a Future Agenda of the Ward 5 Neighborhood Advisory Board for Discussion and/or Potential Action - For Possible Action
14. Confirmation of next NAB Chairperson – For Possible Action
15. Public Comment - Limited to no more than three (3) minutes and is for either public comment on any action item or for any general public comment. The public may comment on agenda items by submitting a Request to Speak form to the chairperson. Comments are to be addressed to the board as a whole and not directed to or at individuals, presenters, or staff members.
16. Adjournment - For Possible Action
4. A. June 11, 2019 Agenda
- Summerset Reno Assisted Living and Memory Care Presentation
- Summerset Reno Assisted Living and Memory Care Staff Presentation