Ward 3 Neighborhood Advisory Board
- Date: 01/08/2019 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM
- Location: Reno City Hall
1 E. First Street
Reno, Nevada 89501
1. Call to Order - Roll Call
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Public Comment - Limited to no more than three (3) minutes and is for either public comment on any action item or for any general public comment. The public may comment on agenda items by submitting a Request to Speak form to the chairperson. Comments are to be addressed to the board as a whole and not directed to or at individuals, presenters, or staff members.
4. Approval of Agenda - For Possible Action
A. January 8, 2019
5. Approval of Minutes - For Possible Action
A. December 4, 2018
6. City of Reno Announcements
7. Presentations and Updates
A. Quarterly update from the Reno Police Department for Ward 3 - Lt. Rulla, Reno Police Department
B. Presentation and discussion on the Midtown Public Art Project to begin in 2019
C. Presentation and discussion on the City's new Neighborhood Public Art Grants - called Art Belongs Here.
8. Development Projects - Following presentations by a City of Reno planner and/or the project’s developer or representative, NAB members and the public will have the opportunity to ask questions about the project and provide feedback. The NAB will not take any action on development projects. NAB members and the public are encouraged to fill out the development project review form with their input. All development project review forms submitted to the community liaison at the NAB meeting or via the online form (https://goo.gl/wXYHjf) will be submitted to the Reno Planning Commission for consideration in the development review process. All forms must be submitted two weeks in advance of the Planning Commission meeting for input to be included in Planning Commission materials.
A. LDC19-00026 (Rio Wrangler North Zone Change) - A request has been made for a zoning map amendment from ±150.1 acres of Large Lot Residential-2.5 acres (LLR2.5) and ±38.9 acres of Unincorporated Transition-40 acres (UT40) to ±150.1 acres of Single Family Residential-6,000 square feet (SF6) and ±38.9 acres of Unincorporated Transition-40 acres (UT40). The ±189.0 acre site is located along the east side of Veterans Parkway, generally ±2,500 feet north of the northern terminus of Rio Wrangler Parkway and south of the Veterans Parkway/Alenxander Lake Road intersection. The site has Master Plan land use designations of Single-Family Neighborhood (SF) and Unincorporated Transition (UT).
PLANNER: Brook Oswald, Associate Planner; (775) 326-663; email@example.com
APPLICANT’S REPRESENTATIVE: Andy Durling, Wood Rodgers; (775) 823-4068
APNs: 021-270-49 and 165-011-32
PLANNING COMMISSION HEARING DATE: February 6, 2019
9. Development Project Updates - The following items are to provide an update on action taken by the Planning Commission and/or City Council on development projects previously heard by the Ward 3 NAB. NAB and public comments were submitted via the development project review form to the Reno Planning Commission. To review past Planning Commission meeting discussions on projects listed below, please visit goo.gl/lL7i7S. (Approximately 5 minutes)
A. LDC19-00017 (Bella Vista Ranch Phase II PUD Amendment)
B. LDC19-00015 (Sonic at Neil)
10. Board Discussion and Action Items – For Possible Action
A. Discussion to brainstorm ideas on how to support and engage with youth in the Ward 3 community - Edgar Gonzalez, Ward 3 Neighborhood Advisory Board Member – For Possible Action (Approximately 15 Minutes)
B. Discussion on ways for NAB members to engage the community (Approximately 15 Minutes)
11. Old Business
A. None at time of posting
12. Identification of Items to be Placed on a Future Agenda of the Ward 3 Neighborhood Advisory Board for Discussion and/or Potential Action - For Possible Action
13. Public Comment - Limited to no more than three (3) minutes and is for either public comment on any action item or for any general public comment. The public may comment on agenda items by submitting a Request to Speak form to the chairperson. Comments are to be addressed to the board as a whole and not directed to or at individuals, presenters, or staff members.
14. Adjournment - For Possible Action
If meeting goes beyond 7:30 p.m., NAB Chair may postpone the remaining items to a future agenda.
END OF AGENDA