Ward 2 Neighborhood Advisory Board
- Date: 10/16/2018 5:30 PM - 8:30 PM
- Location: Moana Nursery Design Center
1190 W. Moana Lane
Reno, Nevada 89509
Public Notice: This agenda has been physically posted in compliance with NRS 241.020(3)(notice of meetings) at:
Reno City Hall – One East First Street;
Washoe County Reno Downtown Library – 301 South Center Street;
Evelyn Mount Northeast Community Center – 1301 Valley Road;
McKinley Arts and Culture Center – 925 Riverside Drive;
Reno Municipal Court – One South Sierra Street;
Washoe County Administration Building – 1001 East 9th Street;
Moana Nursery Design Center – 1190 W. Moana Lane and;
Reno-Sparks Convention and Visitors Authority – 4001 South Virginia Street, Suite G. NRS 241.020(2)(c).
In addition, this agenda has been electronically posted in compliance with NRS 241.020(3) at http://www.reno.gov, and NRS 232.2175 at https://notice.nv.gov/. To obtain further documentation regarding posting, please contact Brad Fitch at 775-689-8459, or 1 E. First Street, Reno, NV 89501.
Accommodations: Reasonable efforts will be made to assist and accommodate physically disabled persons attending the meeting. Please contact Brad Fitch at 775-689-8459, or 1 E. First Street, Reno, NV 89501 in advance so that arrangements can be made.
Supporting Materials: Staff reports and supporting material for the meeting are available at the City Clerk’s Office, located at One East First Street, Second Floor, (775) 334-2030, and on the City’s website at http://reno.gov/residents/your-neighborhood/ward-2. Pursuant to NRS 241.020(6), supporting material is made available to the general public at the same time it is provided to the public body.
Order of Business: The presiding officer shall determine the order of the agenda and all questions of parliamentary procedure at the meeting. Items on the agenda may be taken out of order. The public body may combine two or more agenda items for consideration; remove an item from the agenda; or delay discussion relating to an item on the agenda at any time. See, NRS 241.020(2)(c)(6). Items scheduled to be heard at a specific time will be heard no earlier than the stated time, but may be heard later.
Public Comment: A person wishing to address the public body shall submit a “Request to Speak” form to the presiding officer. Public comment, whether on items listed on the agenda or general public comment, is limited to three (3) minutes per person. Unused time may not be reserved by the speaker, nor allocated to another speaker. No action may be taken on a matter raised under general public comment until the matter is included on an agenda as an item on which action may be taken.
The presiding officer may prohibit comment if the content of the comments is a topic that is not relevant to, or within the authority of, the public body, or if the content is willfully disruptive of the meeting by being irrelevant, repetitious, slanderous, offensive, inflammatory, irrational or amounting to personal attacks or interfering with the rights of other speakers. Any person making willfully disruptive remarks while addressing the public body or while attending the meeting may be removed from the room by the presiding officer, and the person may be barred from further audience before the public body during that session. See, Nevada Attorney General Opinion No. 00-047 (April 27, 2001); Nevada Open Meeting Law Manual, § 8.05.
In addition, any person willfully disrupting the meeting may be removed from the room by the presiding officer. See, NRS 241.030(4)(a). Examples of disruptive conduct include, without limitation, yelling, stamping of feet, whistles, applause, heckling, name calling, use of profanity, personal attacks, physical intimidation, threatening use of physical force, assault, battery, or any other acts intended to impede the meeting or infringe on the rights of the public body or meeting participants.
1. Call to Order - Roll Call
2. Public Comment - Limited to no more than three (3) minutes and is for either public comment on any action item or for any general public comment. The public may comment on agenda items by submitting a Request to Speak form to the chairperson. Comments are to be addressed to the board as a whole and not directed to or at individuals, presenters, or staff members.
3. Approval of Agenda - For Possible Action
October 16, 2018
4. Announcements (Approximately 5 Minutes)
5. Update and Discussion from Reno City Council Member Naomi Duerr (Approximately 20 Minutes)
6. Presentations and Updates
Quarterly update from the Reno Police Department, including an overview of Ward 2 crime statistics - Lt. William Rulla, Reno Police Department (Approximately 15 Minutes)
B. Presentation on Nevada Open Meeting Law, NRS Ch.241 - Julie Towler, Deputy City Attorney
(Approximately 15 minutes)
7. Development Projects - Following presentations by a City of Reno planner and/or the project’s developer or representative, NAB members and the public will have the opportunity to ask questions about the project and provide feedback. The NAB will not take any action on development projects. NAB members and the public are encouraged to fill out the development project review form with their input. All development project review forms submitted to the community liaison at the NAB meeting or via the online form (https://goo.gl/cLVC08) will be submitted to the Reno Planning Commission for consideration in the development review process. All forms must be submitted two weeks in advance of the Planning Commission meeting for input to be included in Planning Commission materials.
LDC19-00010 (Lakeside Drive/Warren Way) – A request has been made for a zoning map amendment from Single Family Residential – 15,000 square feet (SF15) to Multifamily – 30 units per acre (MF30) on a ±2.38 acre site. The site is located ±370 feet north of the intersection of Lakeside Drive and West Peckham Lane, between Lakeside Drive to the west and Warren Way to the east. The site has a Master Plan land use designation of Suburban Mixed-Use (SMU).
PLANNER: Sienna Reid, AICP, Senior Planner
CONTACT NUMBER: (775) 334-4267
APPLICANT’S REPRESENTATIVE: Angela Fuss, AICP, Lumos and Associates, Inc.
CONTACT NUMBER: (775) 827-6111
WARD BOUNDARY: Ward 2
APN: 024-131-02, 024-131-03 and 024-131-11
NEIGHBORHOOD ADVISORY BOARD MEETING DATE: October 16, 2018
PLANNING COMMISSION HEARING DATE: To be determined.
8. Development Project Updates - The following items are to provide an update on action taken by the Planning Commission and/or City Council on development projects previously heard by the Ward 2 NAB. NAB and public comments were submitted via the development project review form to the Reno Planning Commission. To review past Planning Commission meeting discussions, visit goo.gl/lL7i7S, including projects listed below. (Approximately 20 Minutes)
A. LDC19-00006 (The Human Bean) – A request has been made for a special use permit to allow for a
drive-through coffee kiosk. The ±0.28 acre site is located within an existing ±7.94 acre shopping center on the southeast corner of Kietzke Lane and East Moana Lane within the Mixed Use/Convention Regional Center/General Mixed Use (MU/CRC/GMU) zone. The site has a Master Plan land use designation of Suburban Mixed-Use (SMU).
B. ANX19-00001 (Southtowne Crossing Annexation) – A request has been made for annexation of one
parcel totaling ±41,414 square feet. The subject site (12300 Old Virginia Road) is located approximately 400 feet north of the intersection of Old Virginia Road and Damonte Ranch Parkway, within the City of Reno Sphere of Influence (SOI) and the City’s portion of the Truckee Meadows Service Area (TMSA). The subject site has a City of Reno zoning designation of Mixed Use/South Virginia Street Transit Corridor (MU/SVTC) and has a Master Plan Land Use designation of Suburban Mixed-Use (SMU).
9. Board Discussion and Action Items - For Possible Action
A. Discussion and possible selection of Ward 2 NAB projects, initiatives and goals for 2018 -
Neighborhood Advisory Board (Standing Item)
10. Old Business - Updates on Previously Heard Agenda Items or Questions Brought Up by the Ward 2 NAB
Discussion on City of Reno dog parks in Ward 2 - Neighborhood Advisory Board
11. Identification and prioritization of items to be placed on a future agenda of the Ward 2 Neighborhood Advisory Board for discussion and/or potential action - For Possible Action
None at time of posting
12. Public Comment - Limited to no more than three (3) minutes and is for either public comment on any action item or for any general public comment. The public may comment on agenda items by submitting a Request to Speak form to the chairperson. Comments are to be addressed to the board as a whole and not directed to or at individuals, presenters, or staff members.
13. Adjournment - For Possible Action