Ward 2 Neighborhood Advisory Board
- Date: 04/17/2018 5:30 PM - 8:30 PM
- Location: Moana Nursery Design Center
1190 W. Moana Lane
Reno, Nevada 89509
Public Notice: This agenda has been physically posted in compliance with NRS 241.020(3)(notice of meetings) at:
Reno City Hall – One East First Street;
Washoe County Reno Downtown Library – 301 South Center Street;
Evelyn Mount Northeast Community Center – 1301 Valley Road;
McKinley Arts and Culture Center – 925 Riverside Drive;
Reno Municipal Court – One South Sierra Street;
Washoe County Administration Building – 1001 East 9th Street;
Moana Nursery Design Center – 1190 W. Moana Lane and;
Reno-Sparks Convention and Visitors Authority – 4001 South Virginia Street, Suite G. NRS 241.020(2)(c).
In addition, this agenda has been electronically posted in compliance with NRS 241.020(3) at http://www.reno.gov, and NRS 232.2175 at https://notice.nv.gov/. To obtain further documentation regarding posting, please contact Brad Fitch at 775-689-8459, or 1 E. First Street, Reno, NV 89501.
Accommodations: Reasonable efforts will be made to assist and accommodate physically disabled persons attending the meeting. Please contact Brad Fitch at 775-689-8459, or 1 E. First Street, Reno, NV 89501 in advance so that arrangements can be made.
Supporting Materials: Staff reports and supporting material for the meeting are available at the City Clerk’s Office, located at One East First Street, Second Floor, (775) 334-2030, and on the City’s website at http://reno.gov/residents/your-neighborhood/ward-2. Pursuant to NRS 241.020(6), supporting material is made available to the general public at the same time it is provided to the public body.
Order of Business: The presiding officer shall determine the order of the agenda and all questions of parliamentary procedure at the meeting. Items on the agenda may be taken out of order. The public body may combine two or more agenda items for consideration; remove an item from the agenda; or delay discussion relating to an item on the agenda at any time. See, NRS 241.020(2)(c)(6). Items scheduled to be heard at a specific time will be heard no earlier than the stated time, but may be heard later.
Public Comment: A person wishing to address the public body shall submit a “Request to Speak” form to the presiding officer. Public comment, whether on items listed on the agenda or general public comment, is limited to three (3) minutes per person. Unused time may not be reserved by the speaker, nor allocated to another speaker. No action may be taken on a matter raised under general public comment until the matter is included on an agenda as an item on which action may be taken.
The presiding officer may prohibit comment if the content of the comments is a topic that is not relevant to, or within the authority of, the public body, or if the content is willfully disruptive of the meeting by being irrelevant, repetitious, slanderous, offensive, inflammatory, irrational or amounting to personal attacks or interfering with the rights of other speakers. Any person making willfully disruptive remarks while addressing the public body or while attending the meeting may be removed from the room by the presiding officer, and the person may be barred from further audience before the public body during that session. See, Nevada Attorney General Opinion No. 00-047 (April 27, 2001); Nevada Open Meeting Law Manual, § 8.05.
In addition, any person willfully disrupting the meeting may be removed from the room by the presiding officer. See, NRS 241.030(4)(a). Examples of disruptive conduct include, without limitation, yelling, stamping of feet, whistles, applause, heckling, name calling, use of profanity, personal attacks, physical intimidation, threatening use of physical force, assault, battery, or any other acts intended to impede the meeting or infringe on the rights of the public body or meeting participants.
1. Call to Order - Roll Call
2. Public Comment - Limited to no more than three (3) minutes and is for either public comment on any action item or for any general public comment. The public may comment on agenda items by submitting a Request to Speak form to the chairperson. Comments are to be addressed to the board as a whole and not directed to or at individuals, presenters, or staff members.
3. Approval of Agenda - For Possible Action
April 17, 2018
4. Approval of Minutes - For Possible Action
March 20, 2018
5. Announcements (Approximately 5 Minutes)
6. Update and Discussion from Reno City Council Member Naomi Duerr (Approximately 15 Minutes)
Quarterly presentation from the Reno Police Department, including an overview of Ward 2 crime
statistics - Reno Police Department (Approximately 10 Minutes)
Presentation from Truckee Meadows Water Authority on Water Supply, Infrastructure and Other Issues specific to Ward 2 - TMWA Engineering and Management Staff (Approximately 15 minutes)
8. Development Projects - Following presentations by a City of Reno planner and/or the project’s developer or representative, NAB members and the public will have the opportunity to ask questions about the project and provide feedback. The NAB will not take any action on development projects. NAB members and the public are encouraged to fill out the development project review form with their input. All development project review forms submitted to the community liaison at the NAB meeting or via the online form (https://goo.gl/cLVC08) will be submitted to the Reno Planning Commission for consideration in the development review process. All forms must be submitted two weeks in advance of the Planning Commission meeting for input to be included in Planning Commission materials.
LDC18-00070 (Anchor Storage Expansion) - A request has been made for a special use permit for an expansion of a mini storage facility located adjacent to residential zoned property. The ±21.8 acres site is located within the City of Reno Sphere of Influence (SOI) on the west side of South Virginia Street, ±150 feet from the intersection of Rhodes Road and South Virginia Street. The site has a Washoe County zoning of Neighborhood Commercial. The Master Plan land use designation is Special Planning Area.
PLANNER: Brook Oswald, Associate Planner
CONTACT NUMBER: (775) 326-6635
EMAIL ADDRESS: firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICANT’S REPRESENTATIVE: Mike Vicks, Monte Vista Consulting
CONTACT NUMBER: (775) 636-7905
Ward 2 APN: 049-450-03
NEIGHBORHOOD ADVISORY BOARD MEETING DATE: April 3, 2018
PLANNING COMMISSION HEARING DATE: May 3, 2018
B. LDC18-00066 (Damonte Ranch Village 21) – A request has been made for a tentative map for 214
single family residential lots. The ±143.37 acre site is located on the west side of Veterans Parkway near its intersection with Rio Wrangler Parkway within the Damonte Ranch Planned Unit Development. The site has a Master Plan land use designation of Special Planning Area/Southeast Neighborhood Plan.
PLANNER: Jeff Borchardt, AICP, Associate Planner
CONTACT NUMBER: (775) 677-6882
APPLICANTS’S REPRESENTATIVE: Gabe Wittler, P.E., Odyssey Engineering
CONTACT NUMBER: (775) 359-3303
WARD BOUNDARY: Ward 2
APN: 016-400-75, 140-020-62, and -75
NEIGHBORHOOD ADVISORY BOARD MEETING DATE: April 17, 2018
PLANNING COMMISSION HEARING DATE: May 3, 2018
9. Development Project Updates - The following items are to provide an update on action taken by the Planning Commission and/or City Council on development projects previously heard by the Ward 2 NAB. NAB and public comments were submitted via the development project review form to the Reno Planning Commission. To review past Planning Commission meeting discussions, visit goo.gl/lL7i7S, including projects listed below. (Approximately 20 Minutes)
ABN18-00008 (Sindlinger & Howe Roadway Easement Abandonment) – A request has been made for the abandonment of a ±25 foot deep by ±233.3 foot wide (±5,832 square foot) roadway access easement that is located on the southern portion of a site. The subject site is located on the south side of South McCarran Boulevard, ±750 feet east of its intersection with Lakeside Drive within the General Office (GO) zoning district. This site has a Master Plan Land Use designation of Mixed Residential.
LDC18-00037 (Daybreak) – A request has been made for a zoning map amendment on eleven parcels
totaling ±980 acres from ±218.1 acres of Planned Unit Development-Butler Ranch (PUD), ±13.7 acres of Specific Planned Development-Alexander Specific Plan (SPD), ±23.6 acres of Large Lot Residential-1 acre (LLR1), ±147.3 acres of Large Lot Residential-2.5 acres (LLR2.5), and ±577.3 acres of Unincorporated Transition-40 acres (UT40) to ±980 acres of PUD-Daybreak. The project site is generally located between South Meadows Parkway and Mira Loma Drive and from the eastern Reno City boundary to Washoe County Huffaker Hills Open Space Vista and Reggi1 Road and Hombre Way to the west. This project is of Regional Significance for: housing not less than 625 units; sewage not less than 187,500 gal/day; water usage not less than 625 acre feet per year; traffic not less than 6,250 trips daily; student population (K-12) not less than 325 students; and a transmission line that carries more than 60 kilovolts.
C. LDC18-00034 (Westview Estates Zone Change) - A request has been made for a zoning map
amendment from ±69.34 acres of Unincorporated Transition – 40 acres (UT40) and ±11.67 acres of
Large Lot Residential – 2.5 acres (LLR2.5) to Single Family Residential – 15,000 square feet (SF15).
The subject site consists of two properties totaling ±81.01 acres located on Desert Way east of the
eastern terminus of Trail Rider Drive. The site has a Master Plan land use designation of Single Family
10. Board Discussion and Action Items - For Possible Action
A. Discussion and possible selection of Ward 2 NAB projects, initiatives and goals for 2018 -
Neighborhood Advisory Board (Standing Item)
11. Old Business - Updates on Previously Heard Agenda Items or Questions Brought Up by the Ward 2 NAB
Discussion and possible selection of date for Virginia Lake Clean-up -Neighborhood Advisory Board (approximately 5 minutes)
12. Identification and prioritization of items to be placed on a future agenda of the Ward 2 Neighborhood Advisory Board for discussion and/or potential action - For Possible Action
None at time of posting
13. Public Comment - Limited to no more than three (3) minutes and is for either public comment on any action item or for any general public comment. The public may comment on agenda items by submitting a Request to Speak form to the chairperson. Comments are to be addressed to the board as a whole and not directed to or at individuals, presenters, or staff members.
14. Adjournment - For Possible Action