Ward 2 Neighborhood Advisory Board
- Date: 06/20/2017 5:30 PM - 8:30 PM
- Location: Moana Nursery Design Center
1190 West Moana Lane
Reno, Nevada 89509
Public Notice: This agenda has been physically posted in compliance with NRS 241.020(3)(notice of meetings) at:
Moana Nursery Design Center, 1190 W. Moana Lane, Reno, NV 89509;
Reno City Hall – One East First Street;Z
Washoe County Reno Downtown Library – 301 South Center Street;
Evelyn Mount Northeast Community Center – 1301 Valley Road;
McKinley Arts and Culture Center – 925 Riverside Drive;
Reno Municipal Court – One South Sierra Street;
Washoe County Administration Building – 1001 East 9th Street; and
Reno-Sparks Convention and Visitors Authority – 4001 South Virginia Street, Suite G. NRS 241.020(2)(c).
In addition, this agenda has been electronically posted in compliance with NRS 241.020(3) at http://www.reno.gov, and NRS 232.2175 at https://notice.nv.gov/. To obtain further documentation regarding posting, please contact Jennifer Oliver at email@example.com, 775-689-8459, or 1 E. First Street, Reno, NV 89501.
Accommodations: Reasonable efforts will be made to assist and accommodate physically disabled persons attending the meeting. Please contact Jennifer Oliver at firstname.lastname@example.org, 775-689-8459, or 1 E. First Street, Reno, NV 89501 in advance so that arrangements can be made.
Supporting Materials: Staff reports and supporting material for the meeting are available at the City Clerk’s Office, located at One East First Street, Second Floor, (775) 334-2030, and on the City’s website at http://reno.gov/residents/your-neighborhood/ward-2. Pursuant to NRS 241.020(6), supporting material is made available to the general public at the same time it is provided to the public body.
Order of Business: The presiding officer shall determine the order of the agenda and all questions of parliamentary procedure at the meeting. Items on the agenda may be taken out of order. The public body may combine two or more agenda items for consideration; remove an item from the agenda; or delay discussion relating to an item on the agenda at any time. See, NRS 241.020(2)(c)(6). Items scheduled to be heard at a specific time will be heard no earlier than the stated time, but may be heard later.
Public Comment: A person wishing to address the public body shall submit a “Request to Speak” form to the presiding officer. Public comment, whether on items listed on the agenda or general public comment, is limited to three (3) minutes per person. Unused time may not be reserved by the speaker, nor allocated to another speaker. No action may be taken on a matter raised under general public comment until the matter is included on an agenda as an item on which action may be taken.
The presiding officer may prohibit comment if the content of the comments is a topic that is not relevant to, or within the authority of, the public body, or if the content is willfully disruptive of the meeting by being irrelevant, repetitious, slanderous, offensive, inflammatory, irrational or amounting to personal attacks or interfering with the rights of other speakers. Any person making willfully disruptive remarks while addressing the public body or while attending the meeting may be removed from the room by the presiding officer, and the person may be barred from further audience before the public body during that session. See, Nevada Attorney General Opinion No. 00-047 (April 27, 2001); Nevada Open Meeting Law Manual, § 8.05.
In addition, any person willfully disrupting the meeting may be removed from the room by the presiding officer. See, NRS 241.030(4)(a). Examples of disruptive conduct include, without limitation, yelling, stamping of feet, whistles, applause, heckling, name calling, use of profanity, personal attacks, physical intimidation, threatening use of physical force, assault, battery, or any other acts intended to impede the meeting or infringe on the rights of the public body or meeting participants
1. Call to Order - Roll Call
2. Public Comment - Limited to no more than three (3) minutes and is for either public comment on any action item or for any general public comment. The public may comment on agenda items by submitting a Request to Speak form to the chairperson. Comments are to be addressed to the board as a whole and not directed to or at individuals, presenters, or staff members.
3. Approval of Agenda - For Possible Action
A. June 20, 2017
4. Approval of Minutes - For Possible Action
A. February 27, 2017
B. April 18, 2017
5. Announcements (Approximately 5 Minutes)
6. Update and Discussion from Reno City Council Member Naomi Duerr (Approximately 15 Minutes)
A. Presentation and update regarding adult business license ordinance -- Claudia Hansen, City of Reno and Chandeni Sendall, City of Reno. (Approximately 20 Minutes)
B. Quarterly presentation from the Reno Police Department, including an overview of Ward 2 crime statistics -- Lt. William Rulla, Reno Police Department (Approximately 10 Minutes)
C. Steamboat at the Summit Development in Ward 2 presentation for community feedback (this presentation is for general feedback only and has not been submitted to City of Reno Planning Department) -- Dane Hillyard and Jim Zaccheo, Greenstreet Companies (Approximately 10 Minutes)
8. Development Projects - Following presentations by a City of Reno planner and/or the project’s developer or representative, NAB members and the public will have the opportunity to ask questions about the project and provide feedback. The NAB will not take any action on development projects. NAB members and the public are encouraged to fill out the development project review form with their input. All development project review forms submitted to the community liaison at the NAB meeting or via the online form (https://goo.gl/cLVC08) will be submitted to the Reno Planning Commission for consideration in the development review process. All forms must be submitted two weeks in advance of the Planning Commission meeting for input to be included in Planning Commission materials.
A. LDC17-00065 (Rancharrah Equestrian Village) - A request has been made for: 1) a tentative map to develop a subdivision with nine single family residential lots; and 2) special use permits for: a) cluster development; and b) grading disturbance within a major drainageway. The ±9.22 acre site is located on the north side of Del Monte Lane, ±1,032 feet west of Bonde Lane within the Rancharrah Planned Unit Development (PUD) zone. The site has a Master Plan land use designation of Special Planning Area.(Approximately 20 Minutes)
Planner: Jeff Borchardt, Associate Planner
Contact Number: (775) 677-6882
Ward Boundary: Ward 2
APN: 040-151-01; portion of 040-900-15 & -16
NAB: June 20, 2017
Planning Commission Date: July 5, 2017
9. Development Project Updates - The following items are to provide an update on action taken by the Planning Commission and/or City Council on development projects previously heard by the Ward 2 NAB. NAB and public comments were submitted via the development project review form to the Reno Planning Commission. To review past Planning Commission meeting discussions, visit goo.gl/lL7i7S, including projects listed below. (Approximately 10 Minutes)
A. ABN17-00005 (Bonde Farms Subdivision Abandonment) - A request has been made for abandonment of two public use easements and an emergency access easement located on private property. The site is located on the east side of Bonde Lane, ±400 feet south of Del Monte Lane. The site is zoned Professional Office (PO) and has a Master Plan land use designation of Mixed Residential.This project was initially heard by the Ward 2 NAB on April 18, 2017.
B. ABN17-00006 (Caramella Ranch Estates Abandonment) - A request has been made for the abandonment of two ±50 foot wide access easements located within the Caramella Ranch Estates. Planned Unit Development (PUD) boundary for: 1) Chamy Drive; and 2) Western Skies Drive. The site is located in the southeast portion of the Southeast Neighborhood Plan with Damonte Ranch to the north, Curti Ranch to the west, Virginia Highlands and Brown Elementary School abutting to the south, and the Virginia Range and Rilite Gravel Pit to the east. The property is bisected by Western Skies Road north of Reading Street and generally south of Sand Hollow Court within the Caramella Ranch Estates Planned Unit Development (PUD) zone. The site has a Master Plan land use designation of Special Planning Area/Southeast Neighborhood Plan with a sub Land Use designation of Planned Development Area/Caramella Ranch. This project was initially heard by the Ward 2 NAB on April 18, 2017.
10. Board Discussion and Action Items - For Possible Action
11. Old Business - Updates on Previously Heard Agenda Items or Questions Brought Up by the Ward 2 NAB (Approximately 10 Minutes)
A. Update on hosting a joint NAB meeting with the Washoe County Citizen Advisory Board (CAB)
12. Identification and prioritization of items to be placed on a future agenda of the Ward 2 Neighborhood Advisory Board for discussion and/or potential action - For Possible Action
13. Public Comment - Limited to no more than three (3) minutes and is for either public comment on any action item or for any general public comment. The public may comment on agenda items by submitting a Request to Speak form to the chairperson. Comments are to be addressed to the board as a whole and not directed to or at individuals, presenters, or staff members.
14. Adjournment - For Possible Action
If meeting goes beyond 8:30 p.m., NAB Chair may postpone the remaining items to a future agenda.
END OF AGENDA