CANCELLED: Ward 2 Neighborhood Advisory Board
- Date: 11/30/2017 5:30 PM - 8:30 PM
- Location: Reno City Hall
1 E. First Street
Reno, Nevada 89501
Public Notice: This agenda has been physically posted in compliance with NRS 241.020(3)(notice of meetings) at:
Reno City Hall – One East First Street;
Washoe County Reno Downtown Library – 301 South Center Street;
Evelyn Mount Northeast Community Center – 1301 Valley Road;
McKinley Arts and Culture Center – 925 Riverside Drive;
Reno Municipal Court – One South Sierra Street;
Washoe County Administration Building – 1001 East 9th Street; and
Reno-Sparks Convention and Visitors Authority – 4001 South Virginia Street, Suite G. NRS 241.020(2)(c).
In addition, this agenda has been electronically posted in compliance with NRS 241.020(3) at http://www.reno.gov, and NRS 232.2175 at https://notice.nv.gov/. To obtain further documentation regarding posting, please contact Brad Fitch at 775-689-8459, or 1 E. First Street, Reno, NV 89501.
Accommodations: Reasonable efforts will be made to assist and accommodate physically disabled persons attending the meeting. Please contact Brad Fitch at 775-689-8459, or 1 E. First Street, Reno, NV 89501 in advance so that arrangements can be made.
Supporting Materials: Staff reports and supporting material for the meeting are available at the City Clerk’s Office, located at One East First Street, Second Floor, (775) 334-2030, and on the City’s website at http://reno.gov/residents/your-neighborhood/ward-2. Pursuant to NRS 241.020(6), supporting material is made available to the general public at the same time it is provided to the public body.
Order of Business: The presiding officer shall determine the order of the agenda and all questions of parliamentary procedure at the meeting. Items on the agenda may be taken out of order. The public body may combine two or more agenda items for consideration; remove an item from the agenda; or delay discussion relating to an item on the agenda at any time. See, NRS 241.020(2)(c)(6). Items scheduled to be heard at a specific time will be heard no earlier than the stated time, but may be heard later.
Public Comment: A person wishing to address the public body shall submit a “Request to Speak” form to the presiding officer. Public comment, whether on items listed on the agenda or general public comment, is limited to three (3) minutes per person. Unused time may not be reserved by the speaker, nor allocated to another speaker. No action may be taken on a matter raised under general public comment until the matter is included on an agenda as an item on which action may be taken.
The presiding officer may prohibit comment if the content of the comments is a topic that is not relevant to, or within the authority of, the public body, or if the content is willfully disruptive of the meeting by being irrelevant, repetitious, slanderous, offensive, inflammatory, irrational or amounting to personal attacks or interfering with the rights of other speakers. Any person making willfully disruptive remarks while addressing the public body or while attending the meeting may be removed from the room by the presiding officer, and the person may be barred from further audience before the public body during that session. See, Nevada Attorney General Opinion No. 00-047 (April 27, 2001); Nevada Open Meeting Law Manual, § 8.05.
In addition, any person willfully disrupting the meeting may be removed from the room by the presiding officer. See, NRS 241.030(4)(a). Examples of disruptive conduct include, without limitation, yelling, stamping of feet, whistles, applause, heckling, name calling, use of profanity, personal attacks, physical intimidation, threatening use of physical force, assault, battery, or any other acts intended to impede the meeting or infringe on the rights of the public body or meeting participants.
1. Call to Order - Roll Call
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Public Comment - Limited to no more than three (3) minutes and is for either public comment on any action item or for any general public comment. The public may comment on agenda items by submitting a Request to Speak form to the chairperson. Comments are to be addressed to the board as a whole and not directed to or at individuals, presenters, or staff members.
4. Approval of Agenda - For Possible Action
November 30, 2017
5. Approval of Minutes - For Possible Action
October 17, 2017
6. Announcements (Approximately 5 Minutes)
7. Update and Discussion from Reno City Council Member Naomi Duerr (Approximately 15 Minutes)
Reno Arch refresh presentation & discussion of repairs and optional upgrades - Charla Honey and Kerrie Koski, Public Works Department (Approximately 25 Minutes)
9. Development Projects - Following presentations by a City of Reno planner and/or the project’s developer or representative, NAB members and the public will have the opportunity to ask questions about the project and provide feedback. The NAB will not take any action on development projects. NAB members and the public are encouraged to fill out the development project review form with their input. All development project review forms submitted to the community liaison at the NAB meeting or via the online form (https://goo.gl/cLVC08) will be submitted to the Reno Planning Commission for consideration in the development review process. All forms must be submitted two weeks in advance of the Planning Commission meeting for input to be included in Planning Commission materials.
- ANX18-00002 (Rilite Inc.) - A request has been made for annexation of a ±3.96 acre parcel that is contiguous to the City limits and is located east of the terminus of Banta Avenue, ±550 feet east of its intersection with Western Skies Drive. The subject site has a Washoe County zoning designation of Low Density Suburban (LDS) and a Washoe County Land Use designation of Suburban Residential; and is located within the City of Reno Sphere of Influence. (Approximately 20 Minutes)
Planner:Heather Manzo, Assistant Planner, (775) 334-2668, firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicant Representative: Angela Fuss, (775) 827-6111
Ward Boundary: Ward 2
Neighborhood Advisory Board Meeting Date: November 30, 2017
City Council Hearing Date: December 6, 2017
- LDC18-00027 (Longley/Airway Industrial) - A request has been made for a special use permit to construct a ±270,975 square foot industrial warehouse adjacent to residentially zoned property. The site consists of six parcel totaling ±14.86 acres located on the southwest corner of Airway Drive and Longley Lane in the Industrial Commercial (IC) zone. The site has a Master Plan land use designation of Industrial. (Approximately 20 Minutes)
Planner: Brook Oswald, Associate Planner, (775) 326-6635, email@example.com
Applicant Representative: Andy Durling, (775) 823-5211
Ward Boundary: Ward 2
APN: 025-480-14, 025-480-15, 025-480-16, 025-480-17, 025-480-34 and 025-480-38
Neighborhood Advisory Board Meeting Date: November 30,2017
Planning Commission Meeting Date: December 07,2017
3. LDC18-00031 (McDonald’s Sign - 18200 Wedge Pkwy) – A request has been made for:1) a special use permit to: a) allow for the establishment of an electronic message sign located within 750 feet of residentially zoned property; and b) amend the established sign criteria for Galena Junction as originally approved by Washoe County; and 2) a variance to allow an electronic message sign located within 300 feet of State Route 431 (Mount Rose Highway). The ±0.91 acre site is located on the northeast corner of the intersection of Mount Rose Highway and Wedge Parkway. The site is located in unincorporated Washoe County, within the City of Reno Sphere of Influence with a City of Reno zoning designation of Community Commercial (CC). The site has a City of Reno Master PlanLand Use designation of Urban Residential/Commercial.
PLANNER: Heather Manzo, Assistant Planner, (775)334-2668, firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICANT’S REPRESENTATIVE: Kevin McAuley, ACM
CONTACT NUMBER: (858) 342-3536
WARD BOUNDARY: Ward 2
NEIGBORHOOD ADVISORY BOARD MEETING DATE: November 30, 2017
PLANNING COMMISSION HEARING DATE: January 3, 2018
10. Development Project Updates - The following items are to provide an update on action taken by the Planning Commission and/or City Council on development projects previously heard by the Ward 2 NAB. NAB and public comments were submitted via the development project review form to the Reno Planning Commission. To review past Planning Commission meeting discussions, visit goo.gl/lL7i7S, including projects listed below. (Approximately 10 Minutes)
- LDC18-00007 (Mallard Crossing) - A request has been made for: 1) a tentative map; and 2) a special use permit to develop a subdivision with 16 single family attached residential units. The ±1.26 acre site is located on the east side of Lakeside Drive, ±211 north of Brinkby Avenue and ±308 feet south of Eastshore Drive within the Multifamily Residential – 30 dwelling units per (MF30) zone. The site has a Master Plan land use designation of Mixed Residential.
- LDC18-00013 (Mountaingate 78) - This is a request for: 1) a tentative map to develop a 78 lot single family residential subdivision; and 2) a special use permit for disturbance of a major drainageway. The ±41.27 acre site is located southwest of the intersection of Arrowcreek Parkway and Wedge Parkway in the Wedge/Dorostkar/Duxbury/Peigh Specific Plan District (SPD - WDDP) and cooperative planning area overlay zones. The site has a Master Plan Land Use designation of Special Planning Area-Wedge/Dorostkar/Dusbury Peigh Specific Plan.
- LDC18-00018 (Un Caffe Italian Bistro) – A request has been made for a special use permit to establish a restaurant with alcohol service within an existing ±1,250 square foot tenant space located in the Neighborhood Commercial (NC) zone. The ±0.31 acre site is located on the southwest corner of West Moana Lane and Warren Way within an existing commercial development (Lakeside Crossing). The site has a Master Plan land use designation of Urban Residential/Commercial.
- LDC18-00016 (Double R Apartments) - A request has been made for a zoning map amendment to the South Meadows III Planned Unit Development (PUD) Handbook to allow for multi-family residential as an allowed use in a portion of Planning Unit J. The ±15 acre site is located on the northeast corner of Double R Boulevard and Double Diamond Parkway within the ±669 acre South Meadows III PUD. The site has Master Plan land use designation of Special Planning Area (South Meadows III).
11. Board Discussion and Action Items - For Possible Action
1. Discussion and possible selection of Ward 2 NAB projects, initiatives and goals for 2018 - Neighborhood Advisory Board (Approximately 20 Minutes)
12. Old Business - Updates on Previously Heard Agenda Items or Questions Brought Up by the Ward 2 NAB
1. Update and discussion about Virginia Lake clean up (Approximately 5 minutes)
13. Identification and prioritization of items to be placed on a future agenda of the Ward 2 Neighborhood Advisory Board for discussion and/or potential action - For Possible Action
1.None at time of posting
14. Public Comment - Limited to no more than three (3) minutes and is for either public comment on any action item or for any general public comment. The public may comment on agenda items by submitting a Request to Speak form to the chairperson. Comments are to be addressed to the board as a whole and not directed to or at individuals, presenters, or staff members.
15. Adjournment - For Possible Action