Active neighborhood citizens drive positive change in our great community. Not only is being an active member in your neighborhood beneficial to you and your family, it also helps our larger community grow and progress. The City of Reno is divided into five City Council wards. Each of these wards has one representative on the Reno City Council. The City Council also includes one At-Large Councilmember and The Mayor.
Council unanimously approved staff’s recommendation and adopted the Resolution to reinstate Neighborhood Advisory Boards (NABs).Tentative NAB Timeline:- March 11: Council approved Adoption of NAB Resolution.
- April 24: NAB applications to Council for review
- May 13: Appointments made at Council meeting
- May 14: NAB member notification
- June 2015: Training Sessions
- July 2015: First NAB meetings
Some terms of the proposed new NABs are:
- There will be one NAB per Ward and five board members per NAB.
- NAB members will be appointed by Council and serve for a two-year term. Former NAB members’ (the former program was disbanded in 2013) term limits will not be affected by prior service on a NAB.
- NAB meetings would be held monthly and follow Nevada’s Open Meeting Law.
- A City Planner would be in attendance at every NAB meeting.
View staff's presentation for detailed information on the program such as objectives, structure, meeting locations, and training. The primary objectives of the new NABs will be to:
- Improve communication between Reno citizens, City staff, and City Council Members.
- Provide citizens the opportunity for early engagement on important community issues.
- Create a venue for citizens to review and provide feedback on certain development projects.
Influence Change in Your Neighborhood
Issues That Impact Our Community
For more information about your neighborhood, please contact our Community Liaisons:
|City Council Meeting||06/17/2015 10:00 AM||Not Included|
|City Council Meeting||06/10/2015 10:00 AM||Not Included|
|City Council Meeting||05/27/2015 10:00 AM||05-27-15 Reno City Council Agenda|
|Notice of Concurrent Meeting and Agenda - Washoe County Board of Commissioners, Truckee Meadows Fire Protection District Board of Fire Commissioners Sierra Fire Protection District Board of Fire Commissioners, Reno City Council||05/26/2015 1:30 PM||05-26-15 Concurrent meeting agenda Fire|
|Special Meeting - Reno City Council||05/29/2015 3:30 PM||05-29-15Special meeting Reno City Council agenda|