· WEAR A HELMET.
· Ride with traffic and follow traffic laws. (Call the Office of Traffic Safety @
775-684-7470 to get a pocket guide of Nevada’s Bike Laws)
· Wear brightly colored and/or reflective clothing even during the day.
Increasing your chances of being easily seen is a good thing.
· Use lights and reflectors. A big bright shiny light that can be seen at least 500
ft. in front, reflectors on the sides of your bike, and a bright red tail light that
can be seen 30 to 500 ft. from the back of your bike.
· Put a mirror on your bicycle and keep an eye on what’s around you.
· Pick the loudest horn you can find, and use it!
· Visit the League of American Bicyclists How you can bike better
· Visit Bicycle Safe for more information on safe riding.
· Read RTC’s Cycling at Night brochure for more information on cycling in low
light conditions (dawn, dusk, overcast, etc.).
· Watch this video: Bicycling Safety Video Courtesy of YouTube
· RIDE SAFELY!!!!