You may request a one-time continuance if you are unable to appear at your arraignment on the scheduled date and time. The request must be made no less than 10 days before your scheduled court appearance. A maximum extension of 30 days from the original assigned court date may be granted on all cases other than those in which a defendant is charged with a DUI or Domestic Battery offense. Any pre-trial conditions will remain in effect if a continuance is granted.
Requests can be made via the following options:
- Through the Court’s Online Submission Form. You will receive a response via email indicating the Court’s decision.
- In person at the Reno Municipal Court.
- By issuing a letter to the Court explaining that you are requesting a continuance. Include your full name, case or citation number and your current mailing address. You can send the letter to the Court by mail or fax. You will be informed of the Courts decision via written notice to the address on file.
- Mailing Address: P.O. Box 1900 Reno, NV 89505
- Fax Number: (775) 334-3824
EXTENSIONS WILL NOT BE GRANTED BY PHONE
The Court will try to accommodate your scheduling needs. However, failure to respond to any notice from the Court on or before your scheduled court date will result in the issuance of a warrant for your arrest with accompanying criminal and civil penalties.