The under the direction of the Regional Water Planning Commission, the City of Reno is seeking to notify property owners in the Silver Lake Area of forthcoming changes to the Flood Hazard Maps around Silver Lake.
These changes are the result of changing climactic conditions as well as many years of development within the basin. Those parcels directly affected will be mailed a certified letter from the City providing maps of the changes to occur, as well as information on a public meeting to be held December 10, 2008. Anyone seeking information regarding these changes, including information on flood insurance requirements, is encouraged to attend. Posted below are the documents from the mailer, as well as additional information that may be useful.
- FAQs for North Valley
- Letter from City to Business Properties
- Letter from City to Residential Properties
- List of affected business-commercial parcels
- List of affected residential parcels
- Location and Directions to Public Meeting
- Map of affected business-commercial parcels
- Map of affected residential parcels
- Commercial Presentation for Public Meeting
- Residential Presentation for Public Meeting