Games Held February 3-14, 2014 for Ages 50+
Summer Games coming August 4-9, 2014!!Winter is on the horizon and the second annual winter games are fast approaching. Come with a competitive spirit and a winning attitude because gold is the goal! Youtube Video Important date changes due to weather! See below!!
The Reno-Tahoe Senior Games is a program dedicated to promoting and implementing fitness programs and activities for people 50 years and better. The games offer participants several individual and team competitions. Participants compete within age groups to win gold, silver, and bronze medals! Click here for printable flyer.
Sweetheart dance is Feb. 14th! Dick Stoddard from KOLO-8 will be the MC/DJ..We will also have The Silver Dollar Chorus opening with the National Anthem and one song. We are excited to also have returning the Palmore Band... Dress is festive...Fun with red...dress sharp and ready to impress...
Line-up of Winter Sports - Click on locations for websites
- Hockey Slap Shot - Rink on the River
- Speed skating-Rink on the River
- Down Hill skiing - Mount Rose Ski Resort *** Cancelled
Feb 7th we will know if we will have skiing!
- Table Tennis - Harrah's Reno *** Sanctioned by USATT click here for more info
- Bowling - High Sierra Lanes
- Baggo - Harrah's Reno
- Archery - Wasting Arrows -Beginner 1pm-5pm, Advanced 7pm on Feb. 11th
- Texas Hold 'em - Harrah's Reno
- Snow Shoeing - Tahoe XC*** Date Changed to Feb. 13th! 10-1pm
- Cross Country Sking -Tahoe XC*** Date Changed to Feb. 13th! 10-1pm
- Pickleball - EMNECC (Main location is EMNECC)
***denotes additional fees for that sport fees schedule
Registration Fee Schedule
- Registration Fee : $20 (Registration includes: T-shirt, water bottle and bag as well as entry to our Senior Valentines Dinner and Dance)
- Per Sport Fee: $10, plus possible additional sport fee.
- Additional T-shirt: $10
- Additional Dance Ticket (Non-participant): $15 per single/$25 per couple
Please contact Alan Roney at 657-4644 for additional information
How to Register
Registration opens November 4, 2013. Download and print your Registration Packet by clicking here (Team Registration is here), choose your events, sign and return. Please also sign and return a waiver, which can be found by clicking here. Registration packets can be e-mailed, faxed or mailed to one of the following locations:
Please call (775) 334-2262 to have a registration packet mailed to you or pick up at one of the above locations. Please refer to Registration Packet for a full list of dates and times.
- Neil Road Recreation Center (NRRC) - 3925 Neil Road - 689-8484
- Evelyn Mount Northeast Community Center (EMNECC)- 1301 Valley Road - 334-2262
- Teglia's Paradise Park Activity Center (TPPAC) - 2745 Elementary Drive- 356-3176
*Don't forget to visit the registration table before your event start time!!! Please use your age at the time of the event. Have fun!!!
Exhibition Game! Bean Bag Baseball Winner!
First place! Carson Plaza Independent Living Community
Second place! Morningstar Senior Living of Sparks
Third place! Skypeaks Independant Senior Living
ROH $48 $48 $48 $48 $69 $89 $48 $48 $48 $48 $48 $69Rooms include comp internet, comp health club and you will receive a free buffet coupon that will be good for the dates of your stay (coupons will be given to those staying in a block).
Call 1-888-726-6311 to book rooms and reference the group code: S02SWG4