Senior Winter Games - January 30 - February 14, 2016!!
Information, Schedule and Registration Form (PDF)
Questions? Call 775-657-4602 or email SeniorServices@reno.gov
The Reno-Tahoe Senior Games is a program dedicated to promoting and implementing fitness programs and activities for people 50 years and better. The games offer participants individual and team competitions. Participants compete within age groups to win gold, silver, and bronze medals!
How to Register
Registration is now open! For information by email or to sign up on our email list, send an email to SeniorServices@reno.gov. To be added to the email list, use the subject 'Sign Me Up For SWG!
Below is a list of Winter sports/events!
- Opening Ceremonies
- Basketball Skills (NEW FOR 2016)
- Beanbag Baseball
- Beanbag Toss (Corn Hole)
- Card Games (Cribbage, Minnesota (NEW FOR 2016), Poker)
- Chance Games (Slot Tournament, Yahtzee (Both NEW FOR 2016))
- Cross Country Skiing / Snowshoeing
- Downhill Racing - Skis and Snowboards
- Hockey Shots / Ice Skate Racing
- Indoor Golf Tournament (NEW FOR 2016)
- Pool (9 Ball) (NEW FOR 2016)
- Shuffleboard (NEW FOR 2016)
- Table Tennis
- Valentine's Day Dance
Registration Fee Schedule
- $25 Registration Fee required for all competitors through Monday, January 4, 2016 / Tuesday, January 5, 2016 to Tuesday, January 19, 2016 - Registration Fee is $35.00 / no registrations accepted after Tuesday, January 19, 2016:
- Registration includes: T-shirt and carry bag.
- Registered Competitors may purchase one (1) Valentine's Day Dinner/Dance ticket for $10.00 (a $15.00 savings)
- Registered Competitors may also purchase up to three (3) guest tickets for the Valentines Day Dinner Dance for $15.00 each (a $10.00 per ticket savings).
- Sports Fees - varied:
- $10.00 sports: Basketball Skills, Beanbag Baseball (singles), Beanbag Toss, Card Games (Cribbage, Minnesota, Poker), Chance Games (Slot Tournament, Yahtzee), Hockey Shot / Ice Skate Racing, Pool (9 ball), Shuffleboard and Table Tennis.
- Varied sports fee: Archery ($15.00), Bowling ($15.00), Cross Country Skiing / Snowshoeing ($15.00), Indoor Golf ($25.00), Pickleball ($15.00) and Downhill Racing ($20.00).
- Players may compete in multiple events in each sport for the same fee. Example: Pay $15.00 for bowling and compete in Singles, Doubles and Mixed Doubles or pay $10.00 for Card Games and play Cribbage, Minnesota and Poker!
- Additional T-shirt: $10.00
Additional Valentine's Day Dinner/Dance
- Competitors - $10.00 each
- Competitors Guest (up to three (3) tickets) - $15.00 each
- Public (not a registered competitor) - one (1) for $25.00 / two (2) for $40.00
Opening Ceremonies - Saturday, January 30, 2016
Site and time to be determined.
Closing Ceremonies - Valentine's Day Dinner/Dance - Sunday, February 14, 2016Site and time to be determined.
Please contact Senior Services at 775-657-4602 or
SeniorServices@reno.gov for additional information.