Build a a closer bond with your dog. Learn to teach your dog to heel, sit, stand, stay and more. Dog shot records MUST be brought to the first class. For more information, please call Guy Yeamen at (775) 265-4530 or vistwww.dogmanguy.com. Guy Yeaman will teach your dog to become a better companion and a more enjoyable friend! Cost: $80 per class.
Classes are held on Saturdays in two different locations: Comstock Park from 9 a.m. - 11 a.m. and Mckinley Park from 1 p.m. - 2 p.m.
Nov. 30 - Jan. 4
Jan. 11 - Mar. 1 (no class Feb 1 or 8)
Mar. 8 - Apr. 12
Apr. 19 - May 24
Jun. 21 - Jul. 26
Aug. 2 - Sep. 6
Oct. 4 - Nov. 8
Nov. 15 - Dec. 20
Located at 550 University Terrace, between Washington and Ralston Streets. 0.75 Acres, 2 mutt mitt dispensers.
Located in the north field at Mountain View and Lakeside Drive. 1.00 Acres, 1 mutt mitt dispenser.
DOG PARK RULES AND REGULATIONS
Fenced areas have been designated for off-leash dogs. Please abide by the following rules and regulations:
- Owners must remain within the fenced area in view of their dog and maintain verbal control over their dog at all times.
- Owners are responsible for picking up dog waste and disposing of it properly.
- Dogs must be removed from the park at the first sign of aggression.
- Female dogs in heat are prohibited from entering the park.
- Dog owners must have a leash at all times. Dogs must be on the leash when entering and before exiting the gated area.
- Keep small children and infants under close supervision.
- Owners must prevent their dogs from digging holes.
- All dogs must have a current license.
- Report any dog bites to Washoe County Animal Services at 775-353-8900.
Pet owners who fail to comply with these rules may be cited in accordance with Washoe County Code Chapter 55.