FY 16/17 In-Kind Sponsorship Application Forms
Special Events In-Kind Sponsorship Policy and Applications (this special funding period is only applicable to events occurring July 1, 2016 to June 30, 2017):
- Revised Special Events Policy (please read to see how/if your event would meet the requirements of this new policy before filling out an application below)
- Nonprofit Event Application
- Nonprofit Rating Sheet
- Nonprofit/Government Event Application - in Spanish
- New Event Application
- New Event Rating Sheet
- New Event Application - in Spanish
- Community Event Application
- Community Event Rating Sheet
- Community Event Application - in Spanish
- Legacy Event Application
- Legacy Event Rating Sheet
- Legacy Event Application - in Spanish
The special events sponsorship application period ENDS on January 11, 2016 at 5:00 pm.
Applicants can submit their applications early, January 4-8, 2016 for staff to review the application for completion / questions. Appointments may be set up for this meeting at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorship workshops are available for promoters seeking assistance with the general sponsorship process, assistance with technical application completion as well as assistance with what the City deems as a complete permit:
- Monday, November 23, 2015 at 5 p.m. at City Council Chambers
- Tuesday, December 1, 2015 at 5 p.m. at City Council Chambers
Please RSVP for the workshops by clinking this link.
Please contact Alexis Hill at email@example.com or 775.326.6697 if you have any questions about the special events sponsorship opportunities at the City of Reno.
Event Application Forms:
- City of Reno Special Event & Activity Permit Application *updated*
- Attachment A - Amplified Sound/Multimedia Permit
- Attachment B - Street and/or Sidewalk Occupancy
- Attachment C - Alcohol Service Permit
- Attachment D - Vendors/Exhibitors
- Attachment E - Privileged Second Hand Sales
- Attachment F - Fire Department
- Attachment G - Park Special Event Rules and Regulations & Diagrams
- Attachment H - Security Plan
- First Right of Refusals Rules
- ReTRAC Rental Rules
- Downtown Event Setup Guidelines & Diagrams
- Residential Block Party Permit Application
- List of streets designated as Major Streets for Special Events
- Film Permit Application
For information on film resources in the area:
Current Free Speech Zones
City of Reno 2015 Holiday Event Plans
The Annual City of Reno Tree Lighting event will be held on Wednesday, December 2, 2015 outside of Reno City Hall at 5 p.m. (following that day’s Reno Council meeting). The City of Reno, in partnership with the Cal Neva and Bill Thornton, will light a “tree” on the south side of the building near Virginia and First Streets as well as the City’s live tree on the City Plaza. The public will then be escorted to Aces Ballpark by the Reno Police Department, where the ice skating rink will again operate this holiday season.
A Public Menorah event will occur on Sunday, December 6, 2015 outside of Reno City Hall at 4:30 p.m. Gather around the holiday icon to kick off the annual Jewish Festival of Lights. The ceremony will include dignitaries from the Reno City Council and speakers from the Chabad of Northern Nevada. The lighting will take place at 6 p.m. following a performance from Controlled Burn, Reno.
Later in the month, Thursday, December 31, 2015 the City of Reno will partner with the Cal Neva, Harrah’s Silvery Legacy, and Eldorado to hold the annual New Year's Eve celebrations in downtown Reno. Festivities will include fireworks to be shot from the Silver Legacy and Harrah’s rooftops and karaoke hosted by the Cal Neva.
If organizing or scheduling special events on public property in Reno, for Film Permits and Residential Block Parties, please contact:
Alexis Hill, Special Events Program Manager
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 775-326-6697
If organizing or scheduling special events in a City of Reno Park, please contact:
For information on permits for events to be held on private property (Special Activity), please contact:
Reno Business License Division
Email: email@example.com Phone: 775-334-2090