Biggest Little City

Burn Permits

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option


This announcement is for residents of the City of Reno, only. If you live in Washoe County
but outsidethe Reno City limits please call 775-326-6000.

When burning is allowed and If you are within the City limits you must be outside the hydrographic basin before you will be allowed to burn. If you are inside the hydrographic basin (click for map)  you may not burn.

If you live in an area where burning is allowed, a valid Burn Permit is required.   If you had a burn permit in the past and have not changed address, you do not need to reapply. If you qualify for open burning you may apply for a burn permit by clicking on Burn Permit Request Form.   Forms may be emailed to or faxed to us at 775-334-3826. 

For questions on burning please see FAQ Open Burning.  If you still need assistance please call us at 775-334-2300.

Check the Fire Weather link below prior to burning:  National Weather Service: Western Region



Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Flash Player QuickTime Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer
View Full Site