Ordinance # 6197 - Sewer Service Charges
View the Rebate Program
The City of Reno provides quarterly billings to all of our commercial and residential customers for sewer use. Quarterly bills are issued in January, April, July and October. The sewer fees are due upon receipt.
Our customer service center is located at Reno City Hall , One East First Street. Our hours of operation are 8am to 5pm., Monday through Friday. We can also be reached via email at email@example.com for your convenience.
You can also reach us by telephone at 775.334.2095 between the hours of 9am and 4pm, Monday through Friday.
Bills are mailed out the first month of the quarter, and due upon receipt. Please note that payments for the full amount owed should be paid no later than the last day of that quarter to avoid the 15% penalty assessed as per Reno Municipal Code.
Prepayments for the sewer fees are welcome. Please submit your payments in the current form you are now using.
Residential fees for the year 2015 and due dates are listed below:
Single Family Home Flat Rates
|Quarter 1 (Jan. 1 to Mar. 31)||$ 122.79|
|Quarter 2 (Apr. 1 to Jun. 30)||122.79|
|Quarter 3 (Jul. 1 to Sep. 30)||122.79|
|Quarter 4 (Oct. 1 to Dec. 31)||132.45|
|Total fee for 2015||$ 500.82|
Multi Family Home Flat Rates
|Quarter 1 (Jan. 1 to Mar. 31)||$ 101.16|
|Quarter 2 (Apr. 1 to Jun. 30)||101.16|
|Quarter 3 (Jul. 1 to Sep. 30)||101.16|
|Quarter 4 (Oct. 1 to Dec. 31)||109.08|
|Total fee for 2015||$ 412.56|
Changes to sewer accounts (commercial or residential) such as address changes are only accepted in writing for your own protection. When submitting change requests, please include your name, account number, and property address and the property owner's signature. These can be submitted to the City via the following:
By Regular Mail: PO Box 1900 Reno NV 89505
Establishing an Account
For Existing Accounts (Change of Ownership): In most cases the title company involved in your property purchase will notify the City of Reno regarding the transfer of ownership of the property and assist us in establishing your account. If you have any questions regarding the transfer, contact your title company or our office at the number above.
For New Accounts (Primarily New Construction): If you are utilizing the services of a title company, then in most cases the title company will notify the City of Reno regarding the establishment of your account. If you are not using a Title Company, then you should contact the City of Reno directly to establish your account.
IMPORTANT: It is ultimately up to the property owner to ensure that the billing address for the account is correct.
Sewer User Charges
The purpose of the sewer user charge is to recover administration, collection, treatment and disposal, operation, maintenance, and repair and replacement costs, and costs connected to the City of Reno and Sparks jointly owned Truckee Meadows Water Reclamation Facility National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System Permit and State Water Quality Standards, and it is distributed based on volume and equivalent domestic strength wastewater. The operation and maintenance costs will be distributed to the users as a monthly service charge.
User fees are billed in accordance with Reno Municipal Code (RMC) Section 12.16.120 for Dwelling or Residential Units and Section 12.16.130 for Industrial/Commercial Users. Please refer to the RMC on-line for the most current rates.
Notification of Charges Attributable to Wastewater Treatment Services
This section of your billing shows the distribution to the various wastewater treatment services as follows:
- Funds for OPERATION, MAINTENANCE & REPLACEMENT: Provide for the administration, operation, maintenance and minor replacement of the sewage plants, pumping stations and collection system.
- Funds for CAPITALIZATION: Provide for debt service, depreciation, major replacement, the storm drain system and all other costs required to maintain the ability to continue providing services.
- Special charges for O M & R:
- Commercial "Service" – basic charge for commercial billing.
- Other Sources – refer to commercial locations which have a private water supply with discharges to the sewers.
- Meter Read – charge for reading meters for other source water systems and unsewered water allowances.
- Surcharges – are included in the actual billed rate for commercial/industrial user fee rates.
- Permits – All commercial discharges require a permit that is an annual fee based upon the hazard class of the commercial installation.