Some of the documents listed on this page may take some time to load due to the size of the documents. These applications are also available at the Community Development Department, One East First Street, Reno, NV 89501, 2nd Floor.
This public information is furnished by the City of Reno, Community Development Dept. and should be accepted and used by the recipient with the understanding the data received was developed and collected for permitting purposes only. No liability is assumed as to the accuracy, sufficiency or suitability of the information contained herein for any other particular use. The City of Reno Community Development Dept. does not assume any liability whatsoever associated with the use or misuse of such data.
The following documents are guidelines for both commercial and residential plan submittals. In addition to the guidelines, there is a concurrent plan review process which may help expedite the plan review. For any questions, please call the Community Development Department at 775-334-2063.
- Common Projects Requiring Building Permits -- updated 04-24-2013
- Guidelines for Residential Plan Submittal
- Guidelines for Commercial Plan Submittal
- Guidelines for Sign Plan Submittal -- updated 09-11-2014
- Guidelines for Repeat Production Homes Plan Submittal -- new 05-01-2013
- Revision (Corrections) Submittal Checklists -- new 05-01-2013
- Additional Permit Information -- updated 11-05-2013
- Nevada State Contractors Board
The Types of Construction and Occupancy Groups information must be included with all plan submittals. Please complete the permit application with the appropriate information. If this information is omitted, the plan submittal will be denied.
Please visit the Code Amendments page to view the northern Nevada code amendments.