Currently the 2012 codes are being used.
Below are the various types of Building Division permit applications. To view the fees, please see the Plan Review and Building Permit Charges schedules. Please view the ordinances and other pertinent information for plan submittal. Please ensure the type of construction and occupancy group information are included on the application. To review the building permit review statistics, please see the Building Permit Review page. For any questions, please call the Community Development Department at (775) 334-2063.
The Building Division is in the process of developing checklists for customers/contractors to reference and better understand complicated requirements.
- Demolition Checklist and Bond form
- Residential Site Plan Checklist -- updated 05-19-2017
- Rooftop HVAC replacement Checklist -- updated 04-17-2017
- Steps to take an Existing Elevator to Inactive Status
- Common Projects Requiring Building Permits
- Commercial Building Permit Application
- Fire Sprinkler/Suppression/Alarm Permit Application
- Grading/Site Improvements Permit Application
- NAC 278.340 (Construction prohibited until final map approved. (NRS 439.200, 445A.855, 445A.860) The developer shall not perform any construction on the site of a subdivision, except that necessary to evaluate the subdivision, until the Division or local agency approves the final map. [Bd. of Health, Subdiv., Condo., & PUD Reg. § 31, eff. 9-15-82] - (NAC A by Environmental Comm'n by R152-08, 12-17-2008).
- Residential/Remodel Building Permit Application
- Sign Permit Application -- updated 02-02-2017
- EZ Permit Application (Utility Permit Application)
Other Forms and Documents
Depending on the type of application, any of the following documents may be required in addition to the permit application:
- Building Permit Review - NonResidential
- Demolition Review
- RFD High-Piled Combustible Storage Requirements and Worksheet
- Special Inspections
- Owner-Builder Information and Exemption Form
Other types of documents necessary for plan submittal will be available at this site in the near future. Currently, all of the documents may be obtained at One East First Street, Reno, NV 89501 on the 2nd floor or call (775) 334-2063 with any questions. Thank you very much for your patience.