With a small refundable deposit, certain City Hall facilities can be rented out to the public. A City Hall Facility Request Form must be submitted to the City Manager's Office. The following rules apply only to parties interested in renting Reno City Hall Facilities including:
- Reno City Hall – 1 East 1st Street
- City Council Chambers (seats 120-130)
- 7th floor Caucus Room (seats 25-30)
Note: To reserve City-owned parks, gyms, community centers, Sky Tavern, and various other parks-related facilities such as the California Building, please contact: The City of Reno Parks, Recreation and Community Services Department at 775-334-2262.
It is the City’s policy that outside use of any City Hall Facility shall not interfere with the daily routine of any City activity or operation.
All Renters must submit a City Hall Facility Request Form available by contacting the City Manager’s Office 775-334-2020. Forms are also available by phoning the City Manager's Office 775-334-2020, and at the City Hall Information Desk located on the 1st floor of One East 1st Street.
Reservations for City Hall Facilities will only be accepted up to thirty (30) days in advance. Reservations will be taken on a first come, first serve basis and are subject to City Manager’s Office staff approval.
Priority of Use
1. Reno City Council
2. Reno City Staff
3. Reno City Advisory Boards & Commissions
4. Other governmental entities
5. Non-profit organizations
- City Hall Facilities are closed on all designated City holidays.
- City Hall Facilities are available for rent from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily.
- Cancellations may be made up to 24 hours in advance of the reservation to receive a deposit refund. Important: there will be no deposit refunds for cancellations made less than 24 hours from the reserved time.
- The City Manager’s Office has the sole discretion to approve/disapprove the use based on the best interests of the City of Reno.
Groups may use available City Hall Facilities, at no charge during the regular days and hours City Hall is open; however, use during non-regular open hours or days will require security reimbursement of $15/hour (two hour minimum).
A refundable $50 deposit may be required within 24 hours of submitting a City Hall Facility Request Form. If applicable, the deposit shall be refunded to the Renter within 14 days of use of the City Hall Facility. Repeat Renters in good standing may have the deposit waived upon City Manager or designee approval. Renters failing to submit payment according to invoice conditions will be denied future use of City Hall Facilities.
City Hall Facility Use
- Smoking is not permitted in any City Hall Facility.
- Nothing shall be attached in any way to the walls, doors, floor, ceiling, fixtures or any other part of any City building.
- Per City policy, it is the Renter’s responsibility for all set-up, takedown, and return of tables, chairs, and other equipment to their proper locations, and the Renter shall be responsible for general clean-up and removal of any debris. Renters who do not return the room to adequate condition will be denied future use of City Hall Facilities and may not receive a full refund of deposit.
- Any group wishing to use the sound system in the Council Chambers must first obtain permission from the City Manager or designee. The system may only be operated by authorized City personnel and a fee to cover the City’s cost may be charged to the Renter.
- The applicant shall be responsible for any and all damage to the City's premises and property and shall be responsible for all actions, behavior and damages caused by their guest/attendees.
- The City is not responsible for accidents, injury, illness or loss of group or individual property.