The Downtown Police Special Assessment District was created for the purpose of defraying the cost of additional police protection within the district. The committee was created to make recommendations concerning the Downtown Police Special Assessment District.
The committee consists of:
- Two management level members of the Police Department who are appointed by the chief of police;
- The Chair of the Downtown Security Directors Association;
- Four Members of the Downtown Security Directors Association who are appointed by the Downtown Security Directors Association;
- One member of the Downtown Improvement Association who is appointed by the Downtown Improvement Association;
- Two liaison persons who own a business, property or residence in the District appointed by the City Council;
- and Municipal Court Judge or a representative from the Municipal Court.
The committee meets once a month on the third Wednesday for about one hour.