Check out our Blog!
Officer Tim Broadway, Public Information and Community Engagement
Officer Broadway oversees the RPD's public information and community engagement activities.
Office phone: 775-334-3850
Cell phone: 775-870-6832
- Holiday Safety Tips from the men and women of the Reno Police Department
With the holidays upon us, the Reno Police Department wants the community to have a happy and safe holiday season.
12/04/2014 2:33 PMdetail
- Regional Gang Unit Detective cleaning up graffiti in downtown Reno and MidTown District
Graffiti is a big problem in the City of Reno, and the Reno Police Department takes it very seriously.
12/04/2014 2:31 PMdetail
- RPD Media Update Thursday, December 4, 2014
12/04/2014 10:26 AMdetail
- City of Reno inspection of the Lake Mill Lodge results in several code violations and 5 arrests
Reno, Nevada (December 3, 2014) – At 9 a.m. today the City of Reno Community Safety and Services Team (CSAST) conducted an inspection of the Lake Mill Lodge at 200 Mill Street.
12/03/2014 5:11 PMdetail
- Suspect in ATM thefts being sought by Reno Police Detectives
Over the last several months a male subject has been caught on ATM security cameras in both South and North Reno as he is stealing money from ATM’s.
12/03/2014 7:44 AMdetail
- City of Reno to conduct inspection of Lake Mill Lodge
The City of Reno's Community Safety and Services Team (CSAST) is conducting an in-depth inspection of the Lake Mill Lodge located at the 200 block of Mill Street in downtown Reno on Wednesday, December 3, 2014 at 9 a.m.
12/02/2014 12:53 PMdetail
- RPD Media Update Tuesday, December 2, 2014
12/02/2014 10:52 AMdetail
- Armed Robbery at Bank in Northwest Reno
At around 230 pm on December 1, 2014 Reno Police Dispatch received a call of an armed robbery that had just occurred at the First Independent Bank located at 6290 Sharlands Avenue in Northwest Reno.
12/01/2014 5:01 PMdetail
- Deputy arrested for inappropriate touching of an inmate
In April of this year Reno Police Department Sex Crimes Detectives were contacted by the Washoe County Sheriff’s Office in reference to possible inappropriate contact of a female inmate by a male Washoe County Sheriff’s Deputy.
12/01/2014 4:39 PMdetail
- RPD Media Update Monday, December 1, 2014
12/01/2014 2:31 PMdetail
- Four men arrested by Reno Police Department Crime Suppression Team in connection with multiple residential burglaries in Reno and Sparks
Over the last several weeks, the Reno Police Crime Suppression Team (CST) and Sparks Police Departments Crime Suppression Unit (CSU) have been working together gathering information on possible suspects in multiple residential burglaries in both cities.
12/01/2014 1:56 PMdetail
- Four women arrested on suspicion of passing counterfeit money in Reno
On November 11, 2014 Reno Police Department Financial Crimes Detectives working with the Northern Nevada Fraud and Identity Theft Task Force in conjunction with the US Secret Service began an extensive investigation into a large influx of counterfeit $100 bills being passed at local Reno Casinos.
12/01/2014 11:43 AMdetail
- RPD Media Update Wednesday, November 26, 2014
11/26/2014 9:18 AMdetail
- Suspects still outstanding after Northwest Reno Bank Robbery
Shortly before 1230 pm on November 25, 2014 Reno Police Dispatch received a call of an armed robbery that was occurring at a bank located in the 5100 block of Mae Anne Avenue in Northwest Reno.
11/25/2014 4:17 PMdetail
- RPD Media Update Monday, November 24, 2014
11/24/2014 2:15 PMdetail
- RPD Media Update Friday, November 21, 2014
11/21/2014 8:59 AMdetail
- RPD Media Update Thursday, November 20, 2014
11/20/2014 9:57 AMdetail
- Honoring Officer Chris Johnson with the Life Saving Award
The City of Reno honors Officer Chris Johnson with the Reno Police Department Life Saving Award for his heroics on August 23, 2014.
11/20/2014 9:30 AMdetail
- City Council Prelights for November 24, 2014
In our ongoing commitment to keep citizens informed, we’ve spotlighted a few key Agenda items for the November 24, 2014 Reno City Council Meeting starting at noon on the first floor of City Hall. Note that the meeting is on a Monday, which is not typical for the City of Reno.
11/20/2014 8:00 AMdetail
- Women killed during domestic incident in Reno
Just before 7:30 pm on November 18, 2014 Reno Police Dispatch received a 911 call from a male juvenile who told dispatchers his mother and father were having a domestic incident.
11/19/2014 11:03 AMdetail