Check out our Blog!
Matthew Brown, Communications Program Manager
Matthew oversees the City's press communications and public relations activities.
Deanna Gescheider, Director of Communications and Community Engagement
Deanna directs the Department of Communications and Community Engagement, this includes overseeing and managing strategic direction for the City's: media relations, print and new communications, television production and web services.
- Balloon Races Street Closures
Sierra Street will be closed from McCarran Street to College Street for pedestrian crossing and access to the park.
09/04/2013 9:00 AMdetail
- Play Santa for a Senior this Christmas
Senior Holiday Giving Trees are located on the 1st and 2nd floors of City Hall- donations are accepted through the 19th of December.
12/13/2012 3:00 PMdetail
- Don’t forget the City of Reno’s Special Event Sponsorship Application is due this Friday
The deadline for the City of Reno’s Special Event Sponsorship Application is Friday, December 7, 2012 at 5:00 p.m. The Special Events Subcommittee of the Reno City Council will make a decision on the awarded sponsorships in the third week of January 2013.
- City of Reno joins National Day of Civic Hacking to enhance city through technology
City of Reno staff and the Code for Reno Team will come together at the Reno Collective on Sunday, June 1 starting at 1 p.m. for a mini-hackathon.
05/30/2014 3:59 PMdetail
- Volunteers needed for Adopt-A-Pool event at Idlewild Pool
The City of Reno and Sierra Nevada Community Aquatics encourage citizens to volunteer for this year’s Adopt-A-Pool event on Saturday, May 31, 2014 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Idlewild Pool in Reno.
05/29/2014 1:49 PMdetail
- May 28, 2014 Reno City Council Highlights
Council unanimously approved the three-year Personal Property Sublease Agreement (Rink on the River) between the Redevelopment Agency and SK Baseball Ballpark Management LLC.
05/28/2014 4:59 PMdetail
- City of Reno announces Reno Accelerator Fund recipients
The City of Reno has named the 11 recipients of the first round of its Reno Accelerator Fund (RAF).
05/28/2014 3:30 PMdetail
- DUI Court participants rewarded with tickets to Reno Aces game
Participants in Judge Ken Howard’s Fresh Start Therapeutic DUI Court have been rewarded with tickets to the Reno Aces baseball game on Friday, May 30, 2014 starting at 6:35 p.m.
05/28/2014 8:37 AMdetail
- City Council Prelights for May 28, 2014
What's hot on the agenda for the May 28, 2014 Reno City Council Meeting.
05/27/2014 11:49 AMdetail
- Reno City Hall closed on Monday, May 26
Reno City Hall will be closed on Memorial Day, Monday, May 26, 2014.
05/23/2014 2:21 PMdetail
- Older Americans Month continues with Stuff-A-Bus for Seniors event
The Cities of Reno and Sparks, Washoe County, Reno Aces and Regional Transportation Commission (RTC) are collaborating to sponsor a Stuff-A-Bus for Seniors donation drive.
05/23/2014 12:46 PMdetail
- Hunter Falls fire is now 100 percent contained
The cause of the fire remains under investigation, and the cost to date is $830,000.
05/22/2014 1:45 PMdetail
- City of Reno streamlines permit process to spur economic development
City of Reno building data is reflective of a healthy and robust economy, a good sign that the region is climbing out of one of the worst recessions in its history.
05/22/2014 9:28 AMdetail
- Reno Police Department to hold large SWAT exercise at City Hall
This evening, the Reno Police Department will hold a comprehensive SWAT unit exercise at City Hall. Residents should be advised that it is only a test.
05/21/2014 4:33 PMdetail
- Hunter Falls fire update
Containment of the Hunter Falls fire remains at 65 percent.
05/21/2014 1:55 PMdetail
- Reno Fire Department to honor Swope Middle School students
On Friday, May 23, 2014 at 7:30 a.m., four Swope Middle School students will receive Reno Fire Chiefs Commendation Awards on behalf of the Reno Fire Department.
05/21/2014 1:41 PMdetail
- Rain and snow increase containment of Hunter Falls fire to 65 percent
As a result of the weather and the hard work of firefighters, containment of the Hunter Falls fire is now at 65 percent.
05/20/2014 8:17 PMdetail
- City of Reno adopts Fiscal Year 2014/2015 budget
The Reno City Council and Redevelopment Agency Board adopted the City of Reno budget for Fiscal Year 2014/2015 (FY 14/15) today.
05/20/2014 3:56 PMdetail
- Hunter Falls fire update
The estimated date of containment for the Hunter Falls fire is May 23, 2014.
05/20/2014 11:14 AMdetail
- City of Reno holds Joint Special Meeting regarding FY 14/15 Budget Adoption
The Public Hearings for the City of Reno and Redevelopment Agency Board Fiscal Year 2014/15 budget adoptions will be held today at 1:30 p.m.
05/20/2014 8:52 AMdetail