Check out our Blog!
Matthew Brown, Communications Program Manager
Matthew oversees the City's press communications and public relations activities.
Deanna Gescheider, Director of Communications and Community Engagement
Deanna directs the Department of Communications and Community Engagement, this includes overseeing and managing strategic direction for the City's: media relations, print and new communications, television production and web services.
- City of Reno to host second public meeting regarding Virginia Lake
The City of Reno will host a public meeting on Thursday, December 4 from 6 to 8 p.m. regarding the Virginia Lake Water Quality Improvement Project.
11/26/2014 1:01 PMdetail
- Reno Fire Department offers Thanksgiving safety tips
The Reno Fire Department would like to remind residents to be safe in the kitchen this Thanksgiving holiday.
11/26/2014 11:58 AMdetail
- City of Reno offices closed Thursday and Friday
The City of Reno administrative offices at Reno City Hall will be closed in observance of the Thanksgiving holiday on Thursday, November 27 and Friday, November 28, 2014.
11/25/2014 6:10 PMdetail
- November 24, 2014 Reno City Council Highlights
There was an update and discussion regarding the process to fill the vacancy on City Council. The City of Reno’s application period for At-Large Council Member ended on Thursday, November 20.
11/24/2014 5:15 PMdetail
- City of Reno annual tree lighting and ice rink opening November 25
The City of Reno’s annual tree-lighting event will take place on Tuesday, November 25, 2014 at City Plaza.
11/20/2014 12:49 PMdetail
- Honoring Officer Chris Johnson with the Life Saving Award
The City of Reno honors Officer Chris Johnson with the Reno Police Department Life Saving Award for his heroics on August 23, 2014.
11/20/2014 9:30 AMdetail
- Honoring Reno artist Adam Cates
A Reno City Council Proclamation on Monday, November 24, 2014 will honor Reno native Adam Cates for his superior accomplishments in professional theater.
11/20/2014 9:00 AMdetail
- City Council Prelights for November 24, 2014
In our ongoing commitment to keep citizens informed, we’ve spotlighted a few key Agenda items for the November 24, 2014 Reno City Council Meeting starting at noon on the first floor of City Hall. Note that the meeting is on a Monday, which is not typical for the City of Reno.
11/20/2014 8:00 AMdetail
- City of Reno partners with county and RTC for Senior Giving Tree program
The City of Reno, Washoe County Senior Services, and Regional Transportation Commission (RTC) are partnering again this year on the Senior Giving Tree program, which assists seniors in the local community.
11/14/2014 4:01 PMdetail
- City of Reno rolls out Buy Local movement
The City of Reno has been supporting the Buy Local effort for the last few years, but in 2014 the City is broadening its approach. The campaign has evolved from a marketplace to a multi-faceted outreach campaign to support small businesses in the Reno-Sparks area.
11/13/2014 1:29 PMdetail
- November 12, 2014 Reno City Council Highlights
Council unanimously approved to elect Councilmember Oscar Delgado as Vice Mayor for a one-year period.
11/12/2014 4:57 PMdetail
- City Council Prelights for November 12, 2014
In our ongoing commitment to keep citizens informed, we’ve spotlighted a few key Agenda items for the November 12, 2014 Reno City Council Meeting.
11/10/2014 9:00 AMdetail
- Veterans Day Parade scheduled for November 11 in downtown Reno
The City of Reno will host its annual Veterans Day Parade on Tuesday, November 11, 2014. The opening ceremonies will begin at 11 a.m.
11/05/2014 3:52 PMdetail
- Scoping Meeting planned for the West Wash Dam Rehabilitation Project
The United States Department of Agriculture, in partnership with the City of Reno, will host a meeting tomorrow night to receive public input as part of the planning process for the West Wash Dam Rehabilitation Project.
11/03/2014 11:58 AMdetail
- Time change is a good reminder to change smoke alarm batteries
The Reno Fire Department reminds citizens that this weekend's time change is also a good reminder to replace batteries in smoke alarms around your home. U.S. citizens will “fall back” one hour on Sunday, November 2, 2014 at 2 a.m.
10/30/2014 10:13 AMdetail
- City of Reno administrative offices closed for Nevada Day
The City of Reno administrative offices at Reno City Hall will be closed in observance of Nevada Day, Friday, October 31, 2014. The date marks Nevada’s 150th birthday, and there are a number of ways citizens can join in the celebration.
10/29/2014 9:17 AMdetail
- New weatherization program offers free energy efficiency services to seniors
A new weatherization program offers Nevada senior citizens an opportunity to reduce monthly energy costs through energy efficiency measures.
10/29/2014 8:47 AMdetail
- Final safety statistics for the Reno Zombie Crawl
This past Saturday, thousands of people enjoyed dressing up in zombie costumes and frequenting various events associated with the Reno Zombie Crawl, held October 25, 2014.
10/27/2014 11:47 AMdetail
- October 22, 2014 Reno City Council Highlights
Council unanimously approved a Temporary Construction Easement from Nevada Division of State Lands for the Virginia Street Bridge Replacement Project.
10/22/2014 6:35 PMdetail
- City of Reno to host Public Safety Forum
The City of Reno will host a Public Safety Forum on Thursday, October 23, 2014 starting at 6 p.m. in the Council Chamber at City Hall.
10/20/2014 4:58 PMdetail