For news from the Reno Police Department go to the Reno Police Department Newsroom.
- City of Reno to host David Wise Parade of Champions
The City of Reno and community partners will host a David Wise Parade of Champions on Saturday, April 26 starting at 5 p.m. in downtown Reno.
04/24/2014 12:00 PMdetail
- City of Reno presents budget recommendations
The City of Reno hosted the first of two annual Budget Workshops on Wednesday, April 23 in the City Council Chambers on the first floor of City Hall.
04/23/2014 9:29 AMdetail
- City of Reno celebrates Arbor Day with tree planting in downtown park
The City of Reno will celebrate Arbor Day during a free public event on Friday, April 25, 2014 at 9:30 a.m.
04/21/2014 1:17 PMdetail
- Reno Police Department assigns uniformed PIO
The Reno Police Department recently assigned Tim Broadway as its Public Information and Community Engagement Office.
04/17/2014 3:20 PMdetail
- April 16, 2014 Reno City Council Highlights
Following are highlighted items from the April 16, 2014 Reno City Council Meeting.
04/16/2014 9:40 PMdetail
- Controlled burn planned in the south Reno area
In conjunction with the City of Reno and Nevada Department of Transportation, the North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District is planning a small prescribed fire operation.
04/16/2014 8:47 AMdetail
- National Public Safety Telecommunications Week honors dispatchers
April 13-19 marks National Public Safety Telecommunications Week.
04/15/2014 8:44 AMdetail
- Reno run/walk event to benefit area domestic-violence organization
The Reno community is invited to help raise money for an important cause.
04/14/2014 3:51 PMdetail
- City Council Prelights for April 16, 2014
What's hot on the agenda for the April 16, 2014 Reno City Council Meeting.
04/11/2014 3:19 PMdetail
- City of Reno asks for public input regarding Sierra Vista Park
The City of Reno is seeking public input on possible design and operations options related to converting the former Northgate Golf Course property into a community park called Sierra Vista Park.
04/09/2014 11:12 AMdetail
- NASA Space Apps Challenge takes off in The Biggest Little City
In March, Reno was selected by NASA as one of 80 host cities around the world for the 2014 International Space Apps Challenge.
04/08/2014 5:07 PMdetail
- Idlewild Park train back on the rails
The train at Idlewild Park is no longer idle. It will be back on the track starting Wednesday, April 9.
04/08/2014 1:54 PMdetail
- City of Reno to ensure continued safety of citizens following the notification regarding SAFER grant funding
The City of Reno has been notified that due to funding limitations our request for a Federal Department of Emergency Management Staffing for Adequate Fire and Emergency Response (SAFER) grant will not be funded.
04/08/2014 7:36 AMdetail
- Reno Fire Department Reminds Residents to Check Smoke Alarms While “Springing Forward” This Weekend
Reno, NV (March 6, 2014) - To kick off Daylight Savings Time, clocks “spring forward” at 2 a.m. this Sunday March 9. Before going to bed, residents should change all the clocks throughout their homes to reflect the time change.
- Idlewild Park train temporarily out of service
The Idlewild Park train has experienced a temporary setback and is out of service for the time being.
04/04/2014 2:58 PMdetail
- Reno Police Chief earns distinguished Patriot Award
Earlier today, Reno Police Chief Steve Pitts accepted the distinguished Patriot Award from the Office of the Secretary of Defense and the Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR) during a ceremony held in Carson City.
04/02/2014 1:55 PMdetail
- City of Reno invites public to opening of Fire Station 12
The City of Reno and community partners will celebrate the grand opening of the Damonte Ranch Fire Station 12 during a public Open House on Saturday, April 5 from 9 a.m. to noon.
04/01/2014 8:20 AMdetail
- Reno man dies from injuries sustained in Manhattan Street fire
Ronald Craig Feemster has died following injuries he sustained during a three alarm apartment fire that occurred last night in downtown Reno.
03/28/2014 9:57 AMdetail
- Sewer Rehabilitation Project causes temporary street closure
Starting Friday, March 28 at 7 p.m., Kietzke Lane from Kuenzli Street to East 2nd Street and the west side of the intersection of Kietzke Lane and East 2nd Street will be closed for extensive utility work related to the 2014 Sewer Rehabilitation Project. City of Reno crews will be working 24 hours a day.
03/27/2014 4:20 PMdetail
- Idlewild Park train opens for the season
The City of Reno is bringing the train at Idlewild Park out from winter storage this weekend in time for Washoe County School District's spring break.
03/27/2014 9:11 AMdetail