Check out our Blog!
Matthew Brown, Communications Program Manager
Matthew oversees the City's press communications and public relations activities.
Deanna Gescheider, Director of Communications and Community Engagement
Deanna directs the Department of Communications and Community Engagement, this includes overseeing and managing strategic direction for the City's: media relations, print and new communications, television production and web services.
- Reno Fire Department goes pink in support of Breast Cancer Awareness Month
The Reno Fire Department will again be supporting Breast Cancer Awareness Month during October 2014 by wearing pink uniform shirts that have a white ribbon on the left sleeve.
09/29/2014 3:53 PMdetail
- Final safety statistics for Street Vibrations Fall Rally
The City of Reno’s final statistics for Street Vibrations have been compiled and are as follows.
09/28/2014 6:30 PMdetail
- September 24, 2014 Reno City Council Highlights
In a 5-to-1 vote, Council approved an abandonment of a portion of Wright Street from Monroe Street to Walker Avenue.
09/24/2014 5:38 PMdetail
- City Council Prelights for September 24, 2014
In our ongoing commitment to keep citizens informed, we’ve spotlighted a few key Agenda items for the September 24, 2014 Reno City Council Meeting.
09/23/2014 7:54 AMdetail
- City of Reno to host Zumba Fest fitness event
The City of Reno will host a free fitness event called Zumba Fest, part of Shape Up Reno, on September 23, 2014 starting at 5 p.m.
09/22/2014 5:24 PMdetail
- Industry experts help businesses sustain
Reducing the amount of Nevada small business closures is the goal of a new monthly workshop designed to educate business owners on how to assess their venture prior to licensing and launch.
09/19/2014 3:52 PMdetail
- City of Reno to host public information meeting regarding Virginia Lake
The City of Reno will host a public meeting on Thursday, September 18, 2014 to present information about the Virginia Lake Water Quality Improvement Project.
09/18/2014 3:19 PMdetail
- City of Reno Open House event offers variety of free recreation activities
The City of Reno will host its second annual Evelyn Mount Northeast Community Center Open House event on Saturday, September 20, 2014 from 10:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. The event is free to attend.
09/18/2014 1:16 PMdetail
- One injured in West 9th Street fire
Shortly after 11 a.m. today, the Reno Fire Department responded to a fire on West 9th Street in the vicinity of the University of Nevada, Reno.
09/17/2014 2:36 PMdetail
- Partner agencies unveil new Clarity Cards for families in need
A group of local government agencies and nonprofit organizations are collaborating on a new system for providing easier, faster access to food, housing and other resources for local people who are homeless or living in poverty.
09/17/2014 10:39 AMdetail
- September 10, 2014 Reno City Council Highlights
Council unanimously approved to authorize City of Reno staff to negotiate the development agreements necessary for The Siegel Group to move forward with renovation plans for the Truckee Lane Building at 252 W. 1st Street in Reno.
09/10/2014 4:35 PMdetail
- City of Reno and residents unite for National Day of Service
On Friday, September 12, 2014, the City of Reno will be among those celebrating 20 years of AmeriCorps service in Nevada by participating in a National Day of Service.
09/10/2014 9:43 AMdetail
- City Council Prelights for September 10, 2014
In our ongoing commitment to keep citizens informed, we’ve spotlighted a few key Agenda items for the September 10, 2014 Reno City Council Meeting.
09/09/2014 10:29 AMdetail
- Two Reno Police Officers to receive Life Saving Awards
On Wednesday, September 10, 2014 at Reno City Hall, Reno Police Chief Steve Pitts will present Reno Police Officers Chris Caprioli and Kent Laskin with Reno Police Department Life Saving Awards during the Reno City Council meeting.
09/09/2014 8:42 AMdetail
- People and their pets advised to use caution around Virginia Lake
The City of Reno has been notified by the Washoe County Health District that people and domestic animals should avoid all contact with the water of Virginia Lake until further notice. The lake water is contaminated as a result of the algae bloom.
09/05/2014 3:24 PMdetail
- City of Reno statement regarding Tesla announcement
Nevada Governor Brian Sandoval announced at a press conference on September 4, 2014 in Carson City that Tesla intends to build its $5 billion battery gigafactory near Reno.
09/05/2014 10:50 AMdetail
- Reno Fire Department releases details about flash fire at Discovery Museum
Yesterday afternoon, Reno Fire Department crews received a call about a possible explosion at the Terry Lee Wells Nevada Discovery Museum in downtown Reno. It was later determined that the incident, which injured 13 people, was not an explosion; rather it was a flash fire.
09/04/2014 12:18 PMdetail
- 13 injured in flash fire at Discovery Museum in downtown Reno
Earlier today, at 4:10 p.m., 9-1-1 emergency dispatch received a call about a possible explosion at the Terry Lee Wells Nevada Discovery Museum in downtown Reno.
09/03/2014 6:42 PMdetail
- New business license and permit program brings together regional partners
In a collaborative effort, the City of Reno, City of Sparks, Washoe County, and the Health District are in the process of introducing a new regional online system that will make it easier for customers to obtain permits and renew business licenses.
09/02/2014 5:10 PMdetail
- City of Reno asks for input on upcoming Public Safety Forum
The City of Reno will host a Public Safety Forum on Tuesday, October 7, 2014 at 6 p.m. in the Council Chamber at City Hall.
08/29/2014 12:04 PMdetail