Reno Police providing Free Applicant Information Session for Citizens Interested in a career in Law Enforcement
The Reno Police Department will be having a free applicant information session this Tuesday January 10, 2017 starting at 5:30 pm to provide individuals with information on what the process is to become a Reno Police Officer. The department will be accepting applications for Reno Police Recruits from April 24, 2017 through May 26, 2017, and will give those interested in applying valuable information which will include:
- How to apply
- What is expected of each application
- What to expect during the physical and written test, and how to prepare for them
- What is a polygraph exam, and how does Reno PD use it
- What does a backgrounds investigation entail, and how to prepare for it
- What other processes are involved in hiring an Officer
- How long does the process take
Presenters will include the Reno PD Recruiting Officer, Polygraph Examiner, Backgrounds Investigator, Academy Staff, as well as a representative from the City of Reno Civil Service Office. This will be the first of several information sessions planned by the Reno Police Department that will be available for citizens to attend before the April recruiting. Like the Reno Police Department on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for more recruiting and community events.
The sessions will all be held at the Regional Public Safety Training Center located at 5190 Spectrum Boulevard in North Reno.
“Your Police, Our Community.”