For news from the Reno Police Department go to the Reno Police Department Newsroom.
Council Prelights for March 12, 2014
For in-depth review of all City Council Agenda items, please visit our Meeting Portal for the full agenda and individual staff reports.
C.1, 2 Proclamations to declare March 2014
1. American Red Cross Month
2. Brain Injury Awareness Month.
D.1, 2 Presentations to City Council
1. Meritorious Service Medal and a Certificate of Commendation presented to Officer Ira Coffey and Officer Michael Hicks.
2. Girl power! Ashley Jennings, Co-Founder of GirlMade to give Economic Development Update.
F.2 Public Hearing, starts at 12:15 p.m.
F.2 Approve petition and draft an ordinance to expand downtown Police Special Assessment District. (Staff Report)
Standard Department Items
J.1 Council to review, discuss and give direction on an authorization to move forward with The First Tee of Northern Nevada lease negotiations, a non-profit interested in providing public golf services at Rosewood Lakes Golf Course.
J.2, 3 Sewer Enterprise Fund (Staff Report)
2. Update, discuss and potential direction to staff on Sewer Enterprise Fund status, includes work completed since start of Sewer User Fee rate and anticipated future work over the next 5 years.
3. Discussion and potential direction to staff on Energy Cost Savings Project at the Truckee Meadows Reclamation Facility (Sewer Enterprise Fund), and:
Acceptance of Financial Grade Audit regarding Energy Cost Savings
Approval of Performance Contract for Energy Cost Savings with Amersco, Inc., amount not to exceed $24,911,589 with the City of Reno's share in the amount of $17,096,823.53
Approval of on-going Services Agreement with Amersco, Inc.,
Approval of Byproduct Removal Agreement with Ostara USA, LLC.
J.5.1, 5.2 Catalyst Funds - Garlock Printing
Discussion, potential direction to staff and approval of:
2. Grant Agreement for Allocation of Catalyst Funds from the Governor’s Office of Economic Development to the City of Reno for relocation of Garlock Printing to Reno, amount not to exceed $577,500. (Staff Report)
K.1a, 1b, 1c Boards and Commission Appointments: