National Geothermal Summit
- Date: -
- Location: Grand Sierra Resort
GEA is pleased to announce its fourth annual National Geothermal Summit on Tuesday, August 5th and Wednesday, August 6th in Reno, NV. The National Geothermal Summit features the who’s who of the geothermal industry. It is an event not to be missed!
Topics to be covered include:
- Organizing at the state level
- Federal Leasing and permitting
- State PUC and Utility planning and how it recognizes geothermal energy
- Public Power and the future of geothermal energy
- Salton Sea Restoration and Renewable Energy Initiative
- Moving forward in Nevada after SB 123
- Valuing Geothermal
- Geothermal transmission bottlenecks, ranking and addressing
The National Geothermal Summit is attended by the geothermal industry at large which makes this aÂ great opportunity for exhibitors.On Tuesday, August 5 from noon-5pm the exhibit area is the go to place for a hosted lunch, keynote address, breakout sessions, and to walk the exhibits in the Expo area. A networking reception will be held in the exhibit area from 4-6pm.
On Wednesday, August 6th, the National Geothermal Summit will start with keynote addresses, a plenary session, breakout sessions, luncheon and GEA Honors Awards Ceremony, followed by a closing plenary session. The plenary sessions will feature policy leaders invited to speak and engage in discussion about the future of renewable and geothermal power. The exhibit hall will be open all day on Wednesday, too, and will be the go-to place for breakfast, breaks and lunch.